General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MP3 Direct Recording from Gigs? I'd happily pay!!!

I reckon that majority format should rule if it's even possible to avoid it not taking off at all? Just a thought.

Great Idea Iain, I'm all for this.

well im amazed Iain that all these years of deafening music and bouncing up and down at gigs you can still manage to use the grey matter and bring up a brilliant idea haha....well done mate lol

John Bradley
well im amazed Iain that all these years of deafening music and bouncing up and down at gigs you can still manage to use the grey matter and bring up a brilliant idea haha....well done mate lol
Well, I can at least rip off other folk's ideas! It's a cracker though ain't it - I'd def. buy one, or more! If you get down to London gimme a shout - you can always crash with us.[8-)]

Well Iain itll not be for the xmas show (goddammit)...lol...but when the guys do a show next year HINT HINT......ill take you up on that offer for definate!!

The audio from the FM's gig at Winstanley College in March 2009 must exist - would be a great place to start - minimal cost to produce, say £10 each - I am sure 100+ would buy, bearing in mind those that attended the show - at least £1,000 in - good idea Mr Jupp Sir ??

Ant - could you advise us on the possibility of this ?

Cheers, James

Bands such as Metallica and Gov't Mule record all shows and sell the downloads on a two tier system (mp3 and FLAC) through their websites. Robert Fripp does the same for old King Crimson shows. Newer bands such as Magenta are making rarities collections and remix sets available in a similar fashion.

I assume that the technology is quite straightforward, and think The Chaps should have a go themselves. Failing that, Townsend Records, who worked with band and SO! in the past sell them through their website.

Live gigs, demos, outtakes, more of Pete's remixes, there's plenty of stuff out there I'm sure, and plenty of us willing to buy it.

Philip

The boys have the audio and of course a good chunk was used for the Wildside EP from the Winstanley gig.

I am unsure what work would go in to putting the entire gig together at that standard, but it is worth the question. As a fan myself, I would love a copy.

There is also the question of the actual video footage, granted it isn't perfect but what is it worth to a fan? All of this information is interesting I am sure to the band

Thanks for the helpful update Ant - I am sure most FM complete'ists (if that is a word) amoungst us would be happy to buy a full CD of the show, a DVD or maybe both - CD £10, DVD £15 - both for £20 - maybe if enough show interest - we can push further ?

Anyone interested ??

Definately interested! I'm always interested in new cds/dvds from FM and this sounds really interesting!

Pete

Is this something the band might consider ?

Maybe the admin of the site could set up a section on either the site, or this forum, for people to pledge to buy the cd and/or dvd - if enough sign up to make it worthwhile, then maybe take payment in advance from those who sign up to fund the project - then all those who pre-pay get a signed version, those who post-pay get the regular version ???

Workable, enough people interested ???

Cheers, James

1 2