General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
MP3 Direct Recording from Gigs? I'd happily pay!!!

Hi All

Is it possible for the gigs to be recorded direct to mp3 stream and sold either on memory sticks or as a download? I'd happily bung my dosh your way for that!

It's something the Barenaked Ladies guys do for their gigs and well worth it as you get a momento of the gig you attended.

Just a thought, might be a bit late in the day but you never know!

[:D]

Re: MP3 Direct Recording from Gigs? I'd happily pay!!!

Marillion do a similar thing too.

I think that's a good idea in the style of modern times. Technically, nothing difficult - and fans will be pleased. As a minimum, a moderate success is guaranteed.

This is the mighty FM - back for good - huge success will be guaranteed! [:))]

Soinds an almost great idea, but let's have a lossless option such as flac (possibly by download) for those of us who don't want mp3.......

Philip

I reckon that majority format should rule if it's even possible to avoid it not taking off at all? Just a thought.

Great Idea Iain, I'm all for this.

well im amazed Iain that all these years of deafening music and bouncing up and down at gigs you can still manage to use the grey matter and bring up a brilliant idea haha....well done mate lol

John Bradley
well im amazed Iain that all these years of deafening music and bouncing up and down at gigs you can still manage to use the grey matter and bring up a brilliant idea haha....well done mate lol
Well, I can at least rip off other folk's ideas! It's a cracker though ain't it - I'd def. buy one, or more! If you get down to London gimme a shout - you can always crash with us.[8-)]

Well Iain itll not be for the xmas show (goddammit)...lol...but when the guys do a show next year HINT HINT......ill take you up on that offer for definate!!

The audio from the FM's gig at Winstanley College in March 2009 must exist - would be a great place to start - minimal cost to produce, say £10 each - I am sure 100+ would buy, bearing in mind those that attended the show - at least £1,000 in - good idea Mr Jupp Sir ??

Ant - could you advise us on the possibility of this ?

Cheers, James

1 2