Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WARBONNENTS

THE SATANTA REGIMENT? JUST DOES,T SOUND RIGHT SOME HOW. ARE THE "OLD" REGIMENT COINS STILL AROUND? HOW DID WE BECOME THE SATANTA REGIMENT? DID THE WEBMASTER JUST CHANGE IT ONE DAY WAS THEIR AVOTE ARE WHAT? I KNOW REGIMENTS PAST,AND HOW SATANTA IS APART OF IT. HOW DID WE GO ABOUT CHANGINE 5THE HEAHING ON THE WEB PAHGE FROM WARBONNETS TO THE SATANTA REGIMENT? ANY OTHERS NOT SURE ABOUT THE CHANGE ?

Re: WARBONNENTS

The name of the association was changed on the website to accommodate the six battalions that make up the 14th Field Artillery Regiment. When using the word "warbonnet" people will assume that we are referring to the 6th Battalion. As you know, there are five other battalions that make up the regiment. The other five are: 1st Battalion "Steel Warriors", 2nd Battalion "Feel the Thunder", 3rd Battalion "Steel on Call", 4th Battalion, and the 5th Battalion. To be fair to all members in the association, we decided to use the name "The Satanta Regiment" in honor of the Kiowa Chief, Satanta "White Bear" in which our unit crest originates and was designated the 14th Field Artillery Regiment. This regiment has a proud history and it leads back to the 1st of July, 1916. We hope that the association members can appreciate the reason for the name change. If there are any more questions that need to be addressed on this matter, please feel free to call or e-mail me. 210-681-0132 or apatrickmoomoo@yahoo.com Thank you, Charles Maldonado

In reviewing the question about the name change our president, Charles Maldonado, has made a very good response to the question. The Regiment has never had a name that we have been able to ascertain from records. The name "Warbonnents" is the name of the 6th battalion only and not the regiment. The initial creater of the website was from the 6th battalion and took on it's name for the site, not realizing it did not represent the entire regiment. Discussions about changing the name have been ongoing for over one year and have now been made. If anyone does know the orginal name of the regiment please pass it on to us. As a rule, regiments have not taken on names in the past and I expect they will not in the future.

I ASK ABOUT THE NAME CHANGE AND CHARLES CALLED ME THE NEXT DAY AND LAYED IT ALL OUT,MAKES GOOD SENESE TO ME. I WANTED TO THANK CHARLES FOR HIS FAST ACTIONS TO MY QUESTIONS. HANK SANDERS

Indians kept there head down when they were looking for the white men,and we at Ben Het kept are heads down like Indians with Warbonnents,seige of BenHet 68-69.

I have found it to be a good idea to always keep your head down when in Indian Country (RVN). Both the Steel Warriors from 1st BN & Warbonnets from the 6th BN shared simular experiences during that taxpayer funded, all expense paid vacation to that exotic tropical land across the big water. There are battles won and battles lost - thank God we won the most and have always won the war.