Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lt Kelly, 22 April 1970, DSC Award

I read the DSC Award Citation for Lt Kelly a few years ago. I reread it again today and came to the same conclusion. He sacrificed his life for the life of others. Without doubt he had to know that leaving the chopper would be the end of his life. Yet he did it without hesitation, saving the lives of all the others on board. In my mind that is Congressional Medal of Honor material. What does it take to get it reopened? What are peoples opinions on this?

Dennis Proulx

Re: Lt Kelly, 22 April 1970, DSC Award

I MAY BE ALITTLE OFF ON THE DATES AND TIMES. MY PARENT UNIT WAS B/6/14.I WAS A RECON SGT WITH 1STBN 5TH MIKE STRIKE. WE WE.ER PUT IN ON A HILL TOP ABOUT 5K NORTH OF THE SF CAMP.WE WHERE TO STAY THEIR FOR ABOUT 7 DAYS.62 DAYS LATERLY THE NVA PULLED OUT AND WE WALKED OUT..ONLY WAY FOR THE CHOPPERS RESUPPLY US WAS LOW LEVEL KICK IT OUT THE DOOR AS THEY WENT BY.WHAT IAM SAYING IS. I HOW HOT THAT PART OF HELL WAS,ANY MAN THAT DONE WHAT LT. KELLY DONE WAS VERY MUCH ABOVE AND BEYOND.CMH YOU BET. LET WE KNOW IF I CAN HELP.