Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remebering Bob Hamilton

This thread will be used for members and guests to write messages of condolence to Mrs. Gisi Hamilton and her family. Your thoughts and comments will be collected and transcribed in the near future.

Re: Remebering Bob Hamilton

I was fortunate to first meet CSM Hamilton when I was a young lieutenant in 6-14FA at Pinder. Bob taught us LTs to really appreciate the knowledge and skills that NCOs gave to our unit. Although he wouldn't hesitate to tell me I had screwed up, he had his unique way to do that while maintaining the decorum and respect that he knew was vital to both of us.

Thanks Sergeant Major for great memories of great days in a great unit.

David Termin
Plano, Texas

I had the privilige of meeting Bob at the 2004 Reunion in San Antonio. He impressed me right away
with his devotion and determination as the new President of the 14th Artillery Association. In the last two years Bob handled all my Quartermaster questions and problems immediately and fairly. He was a pleasure to work with. I will miss him, as will all of us.

Dennis Proulx

Re: Remembering Bob Hamilton

Bob had done a great job in creating the first web page and forum for the 14th FA. The Reunion at Fort Sill was excellent, fully enjoyable and his many efforts provided all there with a great time. Our deepest gratitude for his service to our country along with our sincere condolences to his wife and family

Bob stepped up, and worked tirelessly to set the Association up to succeed- it appeared to be a labor of love. I was struck by the strength of Bob and Gisi to be there for us to ensure a seamless and unforgetable June 2006 reunion. Heartfelt gratitude to Gisi for sharing Bob with us- I sense he couldn't have set the bar so high for the Association without your unconditional support.

AT EASE SGT MG.

Growing up with a man like dad to look up to, in my eyes was always a privilage. He loved his country and served it proudly. We may have been treated like his soldiers sometimes but, I think that made us stronger. And strength was what he was all about. I think one of the hardest parts in his life was his retirement. He probably wouldn't admit it, but I believe it to be so. You all know the saying. "You can take the man out of the Army, but you can't take the Army out of the man." It's been my honor to have his name. Dad, you have always been my Hero.
Chris

I've known Bob Hamilton for about three years and I have been working with him since 2004 as the Vice President of the 14th Field Artillery Regiment Association. I meet Bob and Gisi Hamilton in San Antonio, Texas and knew then that we had alot in common. I knew, with Bob's help, we could organize an association that would include all the Battalions of the 14th Field Artillery Regiment. Bob was a man of his word and created the "14th Field Artillery Regiment Association". I have recieved many phone calls from Bob nearly everyday about the association's business since June of 2004. He wanted to be kept up to date on special projects that he had me working on for the association. Bob was dedicated in doing the best for all the men of the 14th Field Artillery Regiment Association and also for the active duty personal of the 1st Battalion, 14th Field Artillery Regiment which is stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. He continuously worked hard on the website to make it what it is today. CSM Bob Hamilton was the "14th Field Artillery Regiment Association" and with his hard work, we now have the finest Regimental Room that represents this outstanding Regiment. With hard work and dedication, Bob organized and hosted the 2006 Reunion which was the Regiment's 90th Anniversary and the Homecoming of all the Battalions of the 14th Field Artillery Regiment at Fort Sill, OK. This 2006 Reunion was one of Bob's greatest achivements and Bob was very pleased with its outcome. My family has grown to love both Bob and Gisi Hamilton dearly. We are honored to have known Bob and also privileged to have worked closely with him on this Association that he created. We have known Bob Hamilton for what seems to have been such a short time but, we have shared many happy and fond memories together. Bob, my family and I will never forget you! I will miss your phone calls, your e-mails, and your visits to San Antonio with Gisi for the weekends. We know that you are in a better place now! God bless You, Gisi, and Your Family! Gisi, We are always here for you if you should need anything! From the Maldonado Family: Charlie, Linda, Chuck, and Carleen.

I would like to thank you all for your kind words. My dad was truly a good man. Dad, you will always be the number one man in my life. You will be deeply missed by me and so many others.
Love you always,
Sandy

I have never meet Bob, but I feel very close to him. We have e-mailed each other numerous times while working on digital artwork for the 14th Field Artillery Regiment Association during the pass 18 months. I will continue working with my brother Charlie on the Association web site in honor of Bob Hamilton. I have had him in my prayers ever since my brother Charlie Maldonado told me of his illness. I will miss you Bob and I will continue praying for you and your family.
Your Friend, Jeannie Carvajal

We will always remember how happy Bob was to host the 2006 reunion and what a great job he did. How can we ever forget how proud Bob was at Fort Sill when he was placing the wreath on Chief Satanta's Grave. I have a great picture of that to remember the moment. Gisi, we send our deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones. Bob was a fine man and he will be missed.
Ron & Loretta Keown

I told you and Gisi that Edie and I were "here" whenever you or she might need us. That's still so. You did a really fine job of getting the Regiment Association going. We had separate battalion groups, but your strength, ability, and determination made our Association what it is.

Thanks very much-Edie and I are glad that your suffering, which you never complained about,is over, and we hope to see you again when we too can rest from our labors.

CSM Hamilton,
I thank you for your service to this country and also your contributions and creation to the websites. It brought back many great memories and friends. May God bless you and your Family.

It is with great saddness that I have learned of the passing of CSM Hamilton. I really enjoyed the time I spent talking to him at the reunion at Ft.Sill. CSM Hamilton was a Leader, and will be missed.

Kenny Lee
C 6/14
Pinder Barracks
12/77-12/79

There is not much to say that has not been said.
Bob had more inner strength, grit, and determination than most. He has been a good friend and will be missed. Gisi told me at the reunion he was running on nothing but sheer will and adrenalin. I definitely believe that. Until we meet again Sergeant Major.
Gisi our prayers are offerred for you and yours. You ever need me all you have to do is ask.....Walt

So sad. Such a wonderful individual. Very heartbroken.

John King

We can see by the responses Bob touched many hearts. Bob was proud to do more than his share for a great bunch of folks like yourselfs.
Our deepest Sympathy for the Hamilton Family.

Bob & Janet

I met CSM Hamilton as a young man stationed in Pinder Barracks, Zindorf, Germany. He was my CSM for about 4 years while serving as Battalion and Divarty CSM. He selected me for my SGT and SSG promotions. My fellow soldiers and I learned to be NCOs watching “Big H” (as we the junior NCOs used to call him). As years went by and we, his NCOs, took over Platoons, Batteries and Battalions across the Army, his lessons and leadership style were passed along to many soldiers. In this way, his legacy lives on. This is not the first time I say this, CSM Hamilton was the best CSM I ever worked with during my entire career. I’m proud to have served under him and in later years call him my personal friend.
Goodbye CSM.

Bob Hamilton,was my first example of a 1st Sgt, when I arrived at Pinder, Christmas Eve, 1979,and was assigned to A/16/FA, I can remember him leading PT formation in the mornings, he would take us around Pinder, then out the GATE,down the rode and back to Pinder, I can remember the comments,made under our breath that he must have a motor in his behind, he was a soldiers soldier, It was an Honor to have served under his watch, thanks CSM.

Re: Remembering Bob Hamilton

I only found this site for the 14th FA a few days ago and it was a bittersweet experience when I learned of CSM Hamilton's passing. To echo the sentiments of so many others who have posted their condolences, including a few I served alongside, this man was indeed "a soldier's soldier".

I had many encounters with CSM Hamilton, at that time the 6th Bn SM, both in garrison and in the field. He was tireless in his teaching of junior NCO's to become better leaders and truly exemplified the creed of us being the "backbone" of the US Army. His mentoring stayed with me long after I left the Army and still serves as a guide today.

Good bye SM and thank you for developing this association; I will be adding my name to the ranks today.

James N. Scott
HHB 6/14 FDC Pinder Bks '84-'87