Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boat Guys

I found out a few days ago that we who went over in 65 on the boat and refered to as the Boat Guys, or Boat Boys, will anyway I am one of them.

Re: Boat Guys

Hey!! "Welcome Home Rick"!! That old boat ride was only 40 years ago this October. There is more than a few of the Gordonaire Newsletters around yet we have been sharing, remember them??? I am one of the boat people also, Bob Lund

I like "Boat Guys" a lot better than what they called us at the lst reunion in San Antonio. They called us "The Boat People".

All us boat folks remember Okinawa had a name for us also *&%#@%^!%#, we were only enjoying ourselfs!!
Welcome aboard guy, hope you make the reunion and enjoy the association as I do, 14th not only has that Brother bond but is thought of as family in my home!!

I stillhave my card showing me as a shellback, I saw it about a year ago, hard telling where it is now.Rick

Hey -
Us guys that went over on the Gordon. Well, we should be the ones that come up with our name and not let the Johnny come latelys give us a name. WE were there first-we pick our name. How about something like "Boat Persons"? O.K.- how about "Boat Soldiers"? O.K.----Boat People? You guys pick it, I'm tired and have to go to bed.