Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks from Afghanistan.

Hello to all my Brothers in arms,

I wanted to drop a note to let you know how honored I was to attend your 2004 Reuinion while I was on leave from a tour in Afghanistan. It was a pleasure to meet each of you and to hear the stories during your time of service.

Being home was a bit tough on me because I really missed being around my fellow Soldiers. The only time during my leave that I felt comfortable and at home was the time I spent with you all. Thank you for making me feel welcome and for making me feel that I was part of the team.

I want you to know that our fellow Soldiers today are proudly upholding the standards set by you all. Despite the negative news you see on television and in the newspapers, I want you to know that the Army is continuing to do great things in the War on Terrorism. It's amazing to see the young kids providing such honorable and distinguishable service without any complaints at all. It makes me proud to be in their presence.

I look forward to attending the next reunion in Oklahoma. I look forward to attending as a veteran as each of you are. You all make me proud to be an American and I'm sincerely and deeply grateful for the sacrifices each of you made for me and the rest of our fellow Americans. I'll continue to wear the uniform proudly and honorably.

Sincerely,
Robert (Charles Maldonado's nephew)

Re: Thanks from Afghanistan.

Robert,
All of us here thank you and all of your brothers/sisters who have served so very well in Afganistan. It is one of the toughest jobs on earth.
We look forward to the day when we can meet again, to say it eye-to-eye.

May God perserve all of you and speed your quick and safe return!

Hey Robert,

I don't know if you had noticed or been informed by anyone but I put your article about R. Lee Ermey's visit to Kabul on The 6/14 Arty's Stories Page as Mail Call in Kabul and used the picture of "The Gunney" holding the sign on the Reunion Page.
Hope you like it, I'm sure all the other Warbonnets will...

Thank you for all that you are doing for your comrades and the people of Iraq. You and others like you are the testiment of hope, faith, strength and future of a free and democratic society. We raise a glass in your honor.
As I said in my last email to you, take care of yourself and the guys on your left and right, help others when you can and then get your butt back home...
we need you back here even more.

Patrick

Robert,
I'm one of the guys who had the priviledge of shaking your hand at the reunion. I had two years in Viet Nam and no one ever said Thanks to me until last year (high school kids saw my bumper sticker)- I thought they were being smart-ass. Once I realized they were serious---I actually cried. No one had ever said that to me before. Twenty some odd years later. What you and your fellow soldiers are doing is right. It may not be popular by some, some ignorant ones may even say it is not right but they have never seen the horrors of war that we have seen, the pains and deprivations the people you help live with every day. You know, and the 14th knows, the truth of your honorable service. The United States and all of us are so proud of your sacrifices in the name of humanity. Hang in there Brother (and Sister)---YOU ARE THE BEST THERE IS!

Hey Robert,

I just wanted to update you on The 6/14 Arty website change.
The links in the previous message are no longer any good, here are the new ones for your story at the new site.
Your article about R. Lee Ermey's visit to Kabul is on The 6/14 Arty's Stories Page as Mail Call in Kabul and we used the picture of "The Gunney" holding the sign on the new Reunion Page.
All the Warbonnets that have read your great story send you their thanks.

What I said in the previous message still goes... and here's another glass to you and your unit.

Bless you all,

Patrick