AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: somaca vent glass puller

Smokey
I'm not sure what it's worth. Send me your email and we can talk about it.
Did you ever sell it?

Thanks rogerkoop@sprintmail.com

I heard a couple of years ago that when CRL bought SOMACA, they kept the inventory of parts to the vent puller. You might check with them. Don't toss yours, it may have a few good parts on it and someone else might be able to fix theirs. There have been several stings on this forum over the last few years about the same subject.

Oldguyautoglass**********

Now I'm intrigued. Since vent windows in cars pretty much ended after the 70's, what is a vent glass puller? Nothing comes up in Goggle.

Ati Kovi
Now I'm intrigued. Since vent windows in cars pretty much ended after the 70's, what is a vent glass puller? Nothing comes up in Goggle.

Actually vent glasses in trucks ran well into the late 1980s and even into the early 1990s. We did tons of them, I tried in vain to acquire one of these for years. Why, is because they were capable of pulling the new vent glass in as well as they were at pulling an old glass out which you nearly never needed to do because tempered was gone when it broke. Everseal made it much easier to push a new one in than tuffpak, but of course you can't find ever seal anymore, just CRLs cheesy version of it. I don't care to buy one now because we hardly ever do a vent these days.

Oh, and thanks for making me feel old to remember all this stuff.

Oh, and BTW, if I ever get anyone to admit they were the one urethaning vents in, I'm still going to smack them up along the side of the head with a scoop shovel.

I will supply shovel

If you still have that puller for sale I am interested. I've been searching for one.

Thanks to all I own one now.my search is over thanks again.now am looking for a blind rivit tool

My name is jimmy. I just read your post on the vent puller you may have. My email is stbncbn69@aol.com if you want to sell it how much do you want for it. Or text me at 3602659818. Thanx happydays

Anyone else have one of these? I have a couple of customers that would love to get their hands on one. One customer had one and lost it in the Paradise fire. It would nice to help replace it. Only us old guys gets the value of those old tools. Let me know if you can help. SB Steveb@coachglass.com or (541) 870-3917 call or text. Thanks

Yes! whoever is gluing things like this together with urethane, STOP IT!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com