AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Technique decking HV urethane esp in colder temps

Thank you, Slappy, I will focus on sizing the bead more accurately for the application and ensuring I am not working in too low of a temperature for the product.

Re: Technique decking HV urethane esp in colder temps

Thanks again for the tips. I cut the glass out without damaging it (what a relief, this was a new OE acoustic shield), triangle notched my nozzle to about 0.3" base x 0.6" high, and decked the glass so that it sits 2-3mm below the roof line now. I used a BMW glass decking template I found online that I printed to scale on card stock to measure how far the glass was set below the roof line. I had to push a lot harder on the glass than I expected to get it to deck down. Not used to working on such a big vehicle w/ more limited reach. Good to go now. -Steve

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com