ATTENTION: The glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.
You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
Need help. Trying to install a Peterbuilt 1 piece DW2025 but cannot get it to seat all the way in the hole. It's a real struggle. Tried a couple different brands and they are all the same. This vehicle has a visor. Any help would be appreciated.
Those are hard to do. Make sure you don’t slap it in until the large upper corners are in, don’t get to agressive with the rope or it will pop out. Get the bottom in first then go around one side the top then come down the other side. It looks like it won’t seat until you are almost done the it pops right in.
Silicone spray and vice-grips / needlenose pliers.
Ideally you have 2-4 sets of small locking vice-grips.
This is my usual step by step:
1) Feed rope (thick) into encap.
2) Grease entire encap. w/ silicone spray
3) Dry fit shield into windshield opening
4) Attach vice-grips to all 4 inside corner flaps of encap.
5) Starting in the middle, pull rope to bottom corners, pass the vice grips.
6) Hook or pick out as needed.
7) Continue up both sides, past top corners.
8) Repeat the top, hook and pick out as needed
9) Should just pop right into place with a few taps.
Silicone spray is your best friend with these 1-piece peterbilts