AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Article On Taking Short Cuts (Quick Fitting)

Since we are seeing lots of it lately, it maybe time to put it back in focus.

I believe the main problem is that many practising short cut methods don't see a problem. It's almost like a short cut is a kind of skill/technique you pick up after several years of practise. Faster is best.

This mentality carries though to customers too. I recently spoke to a friend of a friend who informed me how happy he was with his recent windscreen replacement. He thought is was fantastic that the technician had the windscreen installed in under half an hour and it was really cheap. Knowing the vehicle model, I realised what method would have been used to deliver this fast delivery and price. However, for the sake of give the chap buyers remorse, I bit my tongue.

Any constructive thoughts or ideas on how the industry as a whole could reduce these practises.

https://www.service8.com.au/unsafe-windscreen-methods-exposed/

Michael Smedley
Service 8® Auto Glass

Re: Article On Taking Short Cuts (Quick Fitting)

I was going to have eye surgery. A cataract was going to be removed and an implant was going to be inserted.

The doctor(?)/technician assistant of my ophthalmologist was examining the eye with a sophisticated machine to create the prescription for the implant. She commented on how fast this new technique was that she was using. She said the old technique took 15 minutes but now she could do it it in 3 to 4. I wasn't particularly impressed.

You guessed it. She screwed up. I needed glasses after when I shouldn't have had to.

The litigation is pending.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com