AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Smiley’s Glassbytes story posted 8/17/18

The overwhelming majority of auto glass dynasties are long gone. Most of the smart ones sold out to the big chains in the days when those chains were writing humongous checks for them. The chains no longer write such humongous checks because the unfortunate holdouts are not needed like they used to be.

In the following little story, the names are fictionalized to protect the guilty:

A customer of mine, the arrogant and condescending patriarch of a very large privately held company, told me a charming story many, many years ago----------

Barry, we had our company Christmas party a few weeks ago and one of our new clerks from one of our small remote locations came up to me and said, "Gee, Mr. Birdhouse, I never met a millionaire before!" Well, I smiled, Barry, and told her, "Mary, please understand-- that is only on paper."

Yes, those were the good old days!

Re: The Smiley’s Glassbytes story posted 8/17/18

I suspect I know who Barry and Mr. Birdhouse are. If I'm right, the story is no stretch on my imagination in the least.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com