AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need NAGS number for WS from OEM Part # and also advice on starting my own business

Basically, I gave the dealership a VIN number and they gave me the part number of 56101-33962. I know for sure that the windshield has a rain sensor, but the other hardware looks to be a humidity sensor or diversion antenna? Need help getting a NAGS number for this windshield and advice on how to convert OEM parts to NAGS number in the future. Mitchell NAGS representatives could not help me on this, and Mygrant customer service could not help me on this. I am motivated to learn and am ambitious so if anyone can show me the way, please do.

Anyways, I am an ex-Safelite Employee in the process of starting my own window install business.

I've already done a few windshields during the last couple of days and have Mygrant Auto Glass as my provider.

Are there any other supplier that I can go to? And is there an OEM/NAGS converter out there somewhere or do I have to always "guess" and hope the right parts come along?

I've also ordered a NAGS benchmark book from Mitchell and am wondering how much I should charge a customer. I think I've seen a guide somewhere that says 30 an hour for installation and $15 for urethane and that we're supposed to markup the price we get the windshield for (using resale number) by 20%-ish.

Re: Need NAGS number for WS from OEM Part # and also advice on starting my own business

You need to learn how to spell your name and then go find somebody new to work for.

Re: Need NAGS number for WS from OEM Part # and also advice on starting my own business

Poor guy! Sounds like to me, that he's preparing to put himself out of business before he ever gets started! Like so many, Micheal has no idea what his costs are.

My advice, if you're determined to start in business: Get a good accountant and have them thoroughly explain a Profit & Loss Statement to you.

Micheal
Basically, I gave the dealership a VIN number and they gave me the part number of 56101-33962. I know for sure that the windshield has a rain sensor, but the other hardware looks to be a humidity sensor or diversion antenna? Need help getting a NAGS number for this windshield and advice on how to convert OEM parts to NAGS number in the future. Mitchell NAGS representatives could not help me on this, and Mygrant customer service could not help me on this. I am motivated to learn and am ambitious so if anyone can show me the way, please do.

Anyways, I am an ex-Safelite Employee in the process of starting my own window install business.

I've already done a few windshields during the last couple of days and have Mygrant Auto Glass as my provider.

Are there any other supplier that I can go to? And is there an OEM/NAGS converter out there somewhere or do I have to always "guess" and hope the right parts come along?

I've also ordered a NAGS benchmark book from Mitchell and am wondering how much I should charge a customer. I think I've seen a guide somewhere that says 30 an hour for installation and $15 for urethane and that we're supposed to markup the price we get the windshield for (using resale number) by 20%-ish.
OK FIRST, Please Please take a small business class. The class is free check your local SBA for class location.
Second, Doing a few windshields does not make you a pro. Time and Experience does that.
Third, Get a glass program so you can find your parts
Lastly..... you must be kidding

Micheal

Did you attend Trump University, or are you in reality, Donald Trump looking for a new job ?

Glass Shop Owner
Micheal

I\'ve already done a few windshields during the last couple of days and have Mygrant Auto Glass as my provider.

Are there any other supplier that I can go to? And is there an OEM/NAGS converter out there somewhere or do I have to always \"guess\" and hope the right parts come along?

I\'ve also ordered a NAGS benchmark book from Mitchell and am wondering how much I should charge a customer. I think I\'ve seen a guide somewhere that says 30 an hour for installation and \$15 for urethane and that we\'re supposed to markup the price we get the windshield for (using resale number) by 20%-ish.
Did you attend Trump University, or are you in reality, Donald Trump looking for a new job ?
Dear Glass Shop Owner,

I built a multi-billion dollar business and became the president of the United States of America. When I leave the White House at the conclusion of my second term, perhaps you might be kind enough to take me under your wing and graciously impart some of your great wisdom and vast business acumen so I might be able to run a glass shop for a few years and make a few dollars to carry me before totally retiring.

Most appreciatively,

Donald J. Trump

Micheal. Are you kidding me? Shouldn’t you already have answers to your questions before you even THINK of starting on your own? Do you really want to do work below what it’s going to cost you? Let me guess, you didn’t quit at SL did you?
As I’ve said before, you can’t make this stuff up.

The Donald sure straightened out Glass Shop Owner! lol

Hey Micheal, my uncle Sylvester would be celebrating his ninety-third birthday this week if he hadn't been run down by a bus in 1987.

Fw3682 should work

if you do strictly auto will will not make any money, stick with flat, mirror and storefronts.

You should take up gardening.

Micheal Go back to SL. They will be announcing a new CEO very soon. You appear to be a good replacement for the current one.

Brilliant!!! I like it.

jeez. I can not believe that this website as become the new twitter of trash instead of helping each other out.
Micheal. You are going to have to purchase a Glass Software Program to download to your PC to help you out.
Here is some and I think there is more.

edirectglass
GTS
glassmate
Datatrans
mainstreet
Quest

Not sure if all of the companies provide cross reference. But I'm pretty sure most all of them do.
Google all and I hope you find a solution. You do have to pay. Some are more expensive than others, but it all depends what your needs are.
I use Edirect, they show me dealer part numbers corresponding to nags. Although Nags/Mitchell is a mess. Sometimes you can get the right info with vehicles that are not so new.

You Guy's are rude

Play nice
You Guy's are rude
Hey Play nice, where did you get the apostrophe?

one guy, two guys

one guy's hat, two guys' hats

yes we are

Let me get this straight..... he's in the process of starting his own business, yet Mygrant is already selling to him. That sounds about right.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com