AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Range Rover Sport Rain Sensor Problem

We replaced an FW3213GTY, 2011 RR Sport and the rain sensor gel pad was damaged upon removal from the WS. Neither GGG or PRP recommended pads are the correct part, need a translucent pad, not clear. Tried 902 GEL Kit and it is not working out well. Dealers that I've contacted don't seem to know much either.

Anybody out had this problem and found a solution that they're willing to share? It would be muchly appreciated!

Re: Range Rover Sport Rain Sensor Problem

RSK-2296 OR GGS903

D
RSK-2296 OR GGS903
Neither of these parts seem correct. They are clear (not translucent) and the size is off just a bit.

Surely, I'm not the only one that has run into this before?

Just did one for the second time. No issues either time.

Freddy, were you able to transfer the old pad? If you used a new one, which GGG or PRP part number? Was windshield FW3213?

The Range Rover Sport 05-13 use a GGS 601 PAD. It is translucent

The Range Rover Sport L494 2013-up use GGS 602 PAD. It is translucent.

Feel free to contact me at 603-483-2435

Not at the shop to check but we ordered the GGG part (pad) and it worked like a charm.

Glad to know that Freddy

Thanks guys for your help wading thru this problem. Mark you might want to confer with Peter as he was not in the know on this!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com