AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

I don't normally post about this stuff or even let the TPA's get to me, but today was it. If anyone can help me to see how I can get paid for doing my work for this customer I would appreciate it.

I had a customer that needed a windshield replacement in Florida called Geico, and they told the customer they needed it to be inspected. Customer then told us that they received a phone call that the inspection was waived. We went on our sgc network and The referral was there good to go and active NO indication of inspection or no coverage. So I preceded to do the work the referral number was assigned as well. We went ahead and did the work. Billed for the job and went on our way. Today we get an email stating that Geico was not going to pay us for the work because the vehicle hadn't been inspected. I called GEico directly and they supposedly sent me over to the Glass Claims Unit. Sounded just like the regular safelite call center. They proceeded to tell me that my customer lied to there inspection services, and that the Adjusted marked the claim ok. Then they took it back and said it wasn't ok. How is this our fault and how is this even possible? NO one will help can someone at least point me in the right direction who do I talk to ??? Who do I call i'm tired of getting beat up by Safelite I work too hard for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

How long have you been in business? You can't accept anything a customer tells you without obtaining your own advance verification.

First call your customer and find out if Geico was telling the truth. If not, ask your customer if they would participate in a three way phone call. If you get Safelite, ask them to transfer your call to Geico or at least give you the direct line to Geico's adjuster assigned to the claim. Call Geico's direct line and conference in the customer so that you, the customer and Geico can hash it out.

I have actually had to do this exact same thing and the adjuster cleared the flag so Safelite could pay the claim. You may get the adjuster's voicemail initially, but they will call you back.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your response I will try that.

I figured the claim on the Network with an assigned Referral number was good enough verification,but apparently even then I have to be weary from now on.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com