AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Calling in a claim

Saturday for the 1st time in 5years I had to call the competitor tpa to setup a claim.

My customer demanded we setup the claim through the 800 #

Of course it is prompted over to my competitor.

In the middle of the call Safelites CSR tells us that because of the volume of

business in my area they built a Safelite shop. WTF are you serious

you are not only branding yourself prior to the claim 4x's now you tell my customer

you have a location by my shop in the middle of the call.

This will be the last time they get the opportunity to pull some S--t like that.

Re: Calling in a claim

Such a convenient position for Safelite to be in! :)

What do you think about SafeliteSolutions getting on my customers phone and telling him that Hartford Insurance (Actually Safelite) will send a tech to their home to replace their windshield (Safelite Auto Glass). This to a customer that has already made an appointment with my shop. They made him feel obligated and he cancelled his appointment with me. Isn't that conflict of interest. They have done it with my customers on the phone right in front of me at my shop!

Please save the info from that claim.

We are putting together a list for out attorneys of all the problems like this that

come up when dealing with these TPA's.

The more evidence we have the easier it will be down the road to finish these guys off

once in for all.

We have several shops that are currently working with us collecting data that will

help destroy the TPA's involved. Also we insurance BROKERS who are lining up

to give testimony when needed on how the insurance companies outside reps try to

influence the agency through gifting to steer their customers to SAFELITE.

Folks we have been collecting data for years and we are getting close to putting

the final touches on this national issue.

Any help or data from independent shops will be greatly appreciated.

One thing that is over looked by many also fighting the inspection issues is

Safelite never has to conform to this problem so it gives them a advantage which

legally should be challenged also. The Guaranteed average invoice price fixing will

need to be addressed also.

Thanks again

Have a nice day

The poster Autoglass just wrote:

"Folks we have been collecting data for years and we are getting close to putting the final touches on this national issue."

Indeed. I think he is putting the final touches on his keister while the arrival of the next millennium is actually closer.

And Azglass shop wrote that he called his competitor "for the first time in five years" and he is not going to do it again. Indeed. But he did do it this time! But he will not do it again. Wow!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!

First i must say, it shouldn't bother anyone to call a TPA and get a referral number. We are part of zero networks and bill our own rates. The key to this, is educating the customer before the phone call. We have never ever lost a job to a competitor. We actually call them in to make it easier for our attorneys to collect. So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts.

autoglasses
First i must say, it shouldn't bother anyone to call a TPA and get a referral number. We are part of zero networks and bill our own rates. The key to this, is educating the customer before the phone call. We have never ever lost a job to a competitor. We actually call them in to make it easier for our attorneys to collect. So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts.
You need a TPA's "referral number" like you need hemorrhoids.

"So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts."
Indeed.

This whole post sounds like propaganda from a Safelite employee.

autoglasses
When someone says never ever, it’s almost always an exaggeration. I wish I could say I’ve never lost a job to a competitor, especially a TPA that gets fnol. I wish I could, but I can’t. Not by a long shot. Ive had more jobs stolen than I can ever count.

Carlos
autoglasses
First i must say, it shouldn\'t bother anyone to call a TPA and get a referral number. We are part of zero networks and bill our own rates. The key to this, is educating the customer before the phone call. We have never ever lost a job to a competitor. We actually call them in to make it easier for our attorneys to collect. So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts.
You need a TPA's "referral number" like you need hemorrhoids.

"So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts."
Indeed.

No i am not a Safelite employee and i am on the Fb group "trying" to educate people like you to direct bill, but when people see the work involved they say "never mind". And no you do not need any permission from a TPA. they are just the middle man.

autoglasses
Carlos
autoglasses
First i must say, it shouldn\\\'t bother anyone to call a TPA and get a referral number. We are part of zero networks and bill our own rates. The key to this, is educating the customer before the phone call. We have never ever lost a job to a competitor. We actually call them in to make it easier for our attorneys to collect. So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts.
You need a TPA\'s \"referral number\" like you need hemorrhoids.

\"So we can separate our selves from those committing fraud and billing for unused parts.\"
Indeed.

No i am not a Safelite employee and i am on the Fb group "trying" to educate people like you to direct bill, but when people see the work involved they say "never mind". And no you do not need any permission from a TPA. they are just the middle man.
Before and after photos are the FNOL. We commit zero fraud and we install what we say we do, and i really mean we have lost zero jobs. It is all about educating your customer.

Can't make this sh1t up.......lol.
https://www.glassbytes.com/2018/02/arizona-senate-bill-clears-first-hurdle/

First, you can't help but like Searles having the grit to call a spade a bloody f'ing shovel. Whether this is useful language to the cause, is another discussion, but you have to give credit to Searles for his grit in the chamber.

Second, why is State Farm vehemently objecting to language that by their own admission, would NOT EFFECT what they do with Lynx? lol lol.......unless.......they're talkin' out of both sides of their mouths at the same time? Anyone that thinks there's any real difference between the two TPA's just because one owns shops and one does not, or that Lynx does not steer based on price alone, is naive. Insert another reference to the relevance of the text in the proposed law here...

Finally, any suggestion that Safelite 'needed' an invitation to come and discuss the language in this proposed legislation, is absolutely bizarre. It clearly shows that they have no respect for the legislative process for two obvious reasons. Either they are doing their 'negotiations' directly with the law makers OUTSIDE of open session, or that they intend to sue the state if it passes legislation they don't like, as they have done in the past, or both.

In any case, 'can't make this sh1t up.....'

JMHNLO

Jeff keep fighting the fight. Hope you have better luck this time. Usually Safelite gets to someone to bail out on the bill and take any teeth out of it. Good luck!

Mark1
Can\'t make this sh1t up.......lol.
https://www.glassbytes.com/2018/02/arizona-senate-bill-clears-first-hurdle/

First, you can\'t help but like Searles having the grit to call a spade a bloody f\'ing shovel. Whether this is useful language to the cause, is another discussion, but you have to give credit to Searles for his grit in the chamber.

Second, why is State Farm vehemently objecting to language that by their own admission, would NOT EFFECT what they do with Lynx? lol lol.......unless.......they\'re talkin\' out of both sides of their mouths at the same time? Anyone that thinks there\'s any real difference between the two TPA\'s just because one owns shops and one does not, or that Lynx does not steer based on price alone, is naive. Insert another reference to the relevance of the text in the proposed law here...

Finally, any suggestion that Safelite \'needed\' an invitation to come and discuss the language in this proposed legislation, is absolutely bizarre. It clearly shows that they have no respect for the legislative process for two obvious reasons. Either they are doing their \'negotiations\' directly with the law makers OUTSIDE of open session, or that they intend to sue the state if it passes legislation they don\'t like, as they have done in the past, or both.

In any case, \'can\'t make this sh1t up.....\'

JMHNLO
Bel/Safe is doing what State Farm is being accused of by the body shop industry; Unduly influencing parts and labor pricing. The insurers have included verbiage in their policies tying claim costs to supposed parts and labor prices exhibited by service providers in the region at large.

IMHO the insurers are issuing their policies with unclean hands if not filthy grubby mitts!

First of all, policies are supposed to be issued with the understanding that the policyholder gets to freely choose the service provider which does the repairs.

Next, service providers are supposed to be able to set their own prices. However, insurers coerce some service providers into networks and DRP's which usually require service providers to accept insurer offers which are usually at a discount from retail prices. Then the insurers attempt to enforce the discount pricing (which was coerced) as the limit of their exposure! In other words, they undermine the policyholder's choice of service provider by suggesting that they will have to pay the difference between what the insurer wants to pay and what the retail price actually is.

Finally, the insurers know that most policyholders don't have the time, funds, knowledge or courage to take them on in court.

In the auto glass industry, Bel/Safe has an undue influence on the prices it's competitors can charge insurers for services rendered because their unconscionable network participation agreement requires participants to give up their right to set prices in order to be accepted into the network. Then the insurers have the gall to enforce their offered prices as what is usual customary and reasonable within the region at large.

It is totally unrealistic and unreasonable to suggest that all service providers will charge the same thing for the same service! Yet auto insurers rarely offer more for a single chip repair than they did over twenty years ago! How can that be? Especially when most insurers offer less than half of what Bel/Safe quotes online?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com