AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cash rebates!!!!!

My husband is an installer with a company I won’t name on here but he was robbed at one of his job sites for all the cash he had one him around $700. This company now expects my husband and I to pay back that money because he didn’t have it “protected enough”! They should never ever let these poor men carry that much money on them iits not safe for anyone!! I don’t even want my husband to work there anymore. I can’t worry every day that he might get robbed again. These companies are scum bags and I will never let my husband go back there and risk his life again.

Re: Cash rebates!!!!!

Sandy the troll, first off you are not married to anyone who installs glass

you work for the S as a troll:-)))))))))

law and disorder - YOU ARE THE TROLL !! I have talked to 3 technicians in Arizona that have told me similar stories . The truth is that as a company you are compelled to keep your employees safe , and running ads and bill boards saying $ 200.00 CASH back at time of install probably is NOT the way to keep them safe ! The criminal element has figured this out- that if A guy has 8 new windshields in his truck , All they have to do is follow him into some neighborhood and grab up to $ 1600.00 ... EASY MARK ! In addition there is laws against this " tort of negligence " . The same laws that apply to pizza delivery companies , banks , restaurants etc.. You have a right as an employee to a safe work environment . I would not qualify your employer telling everyone that you are driving around with hoards of cash as a " SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT " . So ironic that your name is LAW & ORDER , better go brush up !!!

So true - Why do you think they have signs on delivery trucks that says " driver only carries $ 20.00 cash "

As a former glass company owner, I have found that its best to steer clear from the companies that offer cash money back. Check with the BBB before choosing a glass company to use. I've heard of several times when cash money back companies not giving what they said they would, not to mention their poor workman ship.

Sandy- That is too bad to hear about your husband. I, too, have been involved in the glass business and think it is extremely dangerous for the installers to have it advertised that they will be distributing $200 to a customer, at the time of service. Not even mentioning the legal aspect of distributing cash. How is that even tracked? Any business could document that they are giving cash away as a promotion but how would the IRS be able to know for sure? Atleast with gift cards, those can be tracked because each gift card has a specific number on it and you're able to keep an actual record of each gift card going to a specific customer. There seems to be a lot of loop holes in the cash rebate and a disaster when that business gets audited. Also, I highly doubt that the consumer is getting the full $200 cash rebate with each windshield. If they are, there's got to be something else going on, like insurance fraud? There's no way a reputable company could stay in business- legally billing insurance companies, using grade certified glass, and giving away $200 cash back for each replacement. Good luck with that.

Are you talking about Andy Baker from SMART RIDE,CHIPPIO,IZON,VISION,

AUTO GLASS SHOP,COAST TO COAST,OMEGA AUTOGLASS, just to name a few.

We called him LORD ANDY the King of flip. I used to flip chips into

replacements for that guy. I remember he used you always tell me don't

tell anyone. So I Didn't.

I have never given rebates over the 40 years that I’ve been in business, and I have never used telemarketing. But I know two things. Both are legitimate ways to conduct business, but there is always the potential for abuse or dishonest practices. But isn’t that true in a thousand different ways? As far as quality goes, even big national companies can be the worst hacks in the business.
Rebates and telemarketing are a result of insurers and their third parties steering. If you want the first notice of loss and you want customers to insist on your shop it may require incentives. I rely on customer loyalty, but that doesn’t always bring in the volume some companies need.
I don’t have first hand knowledge of the companies mentioned in this thread, so I’m not going to say anything about their practices, but some of the comments made so far don’t sound legitimate. YMO.

So I just learned of another glass installer being robbed at gun point !!! I will refrain from listing their name or the company name out of respect for the FORUM . THIS MADNESS MUST STOP !! You know who you !!
With the outbreak of the opioid and fentanyl addiction - this is going to get worse . And for those companies that are denying this is happening , Why are you training your techs on precautions for this exact situation. Why are auto glass techs packing fire arms to install auto glass - REALLY ? IS THIS THE NEW NORM IN AZ ?
BTW if you hire convicts to install your glass knowing that they will be afraid to have any interactions with the police , THEN YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET !!

Az Glass Guru,

Is this FAKE NEWS?

We live in Phoenix and did not see anything on the news.

Are you a disgruntled glass shop owner that is being eaten alive

by rebate shops.

Just Sayin!

I just saw it on the news ! but they called him a delivery driver , even though he had an auto glass shop shirt on LMAO

Interested , are you sure that you are not part of the problem ? are you sure you are not one of the slimebags handing out cash on the street corner and now your worried ? So , we will just wait tell someone gets shot before we do anything ?

Where did this happen? Any link to a news story would be appreciated. Thanks!

All I know is the shops handing out rebates need to look out for the audits

because the Tax man is coming.

Az glass guru can you please provide a list of the shops involved so we can

look into this matter.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

It will be real easy to provide a list of all the companies that our doing it because they have bill boards , ads in clip coupon magazines , and pirate signs on every corner in Az . However , I am under the impression ( after reading the rules on this forum ) that it would not be an appropriate place to publish names . I can tell you that if you open any of the circulars or coupon magazines that you will find them !!

Tax Rep.
All I know is the shops handing out rebates need to look out for the audits

because the Tax man is coming.

Az glass guru can you please provide a list of the shops involved so we can

look into this matter.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Could you imagine " yes sir mister tax man - we didnt make any money this quarter because we handed out $ 10,000.00 in CASH !! THAT WILL FLY LOL !!

MAKES YOU WONDER WHO THEIR ACCOUNTANT IS ?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com