AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2013 Cadillac Ats does LDWS need recalibration?

2013 Cadillac Ats with all the options dw1988gby has the LDWS & forward collision alert. Does it need to be recalibrated after replacement? Thanks in advance.

Re: 2013 Cadillac Ats does LDWS need recalibration?

Technically yes, every LDWS is supposed to be recalibrated according to the dealer. I tell all of my customers that the dealer requires the recalibration but it may continue to work without the recalibration. I've included it into my vehicle pre inspection form so that I'm not liable for any issues with the sensor. I always keep the camera plugged in during the replacement and have never had any issues. I do not think they are as sensitive to movement as the dealers say but always cover your butt and let them know what is supposed to be done.

Chris
by keeping the camera plugged in during the replacement does NOT bypass the required re-cal.
what you have done is make the vehicle un-safe.
The car now thinks your new position (which could be off by feet)
is straight.
Not good.

GM vehicles will self re-calibrate but there is a required driving pattern.

by leaving it plugged in you are not tricking the system just your customer.

Soooo lets just ask, what is that required driving pattern for it to be re-calibrated?
Lets wait to see the answer on this, if there is one, but lets not be too pessimistic. Some one must know in this industry what that driving pattern is! Why would it be a secret if it were something that is going to save some ones life if they cant drive well enough to keep it in there own lane to begin with.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com