AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite To Lay Off Half of Their Field Sales Today

Heard it through the Grapevine, that 65 out of the companies approximately 130 Field Sales Reps will be turning in the keys to their donut delivery vehicles today, never to drive them again.

Re: Safelite To Lay Off Half of Their Field Sales Today

I have heard from several of my old colleagues today confirming this. It would seem the going rate on severance is 2 weeks salary per year of service. They apparently are also giving the severed employees a copy of their non-compete.

Just to be clear to any former ASM's that are a victim of the reduction in force action. Your non-compete is not an enforceable document.

May have dodged a bullet, GM wanted to meet today told him I had the squirts.

I am really really close to calling BS on this "trans formative Journey, that is People First and People Powered People Driven"

I bet Pete Pearson's son Ty, and his Wife Bridget make it past the cuts.

You are correct. I heard up to 70. But, part of the severance is another attempt thru a bunch of legal jargon, to let you know you can't work in this industry for a year. I know that original non compete isn't binding, but this one may be, only bc of the language. Not sure.

If 70 is correct that should take them below 100 Area Sales Managers.

It is sort of laughable that they out of one side of the mouth let people go because they see no value in the person and what they contribute to the Company, but then take the time to prepare a legal document, that sort of second guesses their estimation of the person by telling them they cannot work in the industry for a year.

It is also a contradiction of the established People First Culture Mr Feeney professes. If they were truly a people first Company would they not find some comfort and relief that the former employee found employment after they let them go and was able to feed a family.

What made your previous non compete not binding?

Many severance packages have specific language for no compete but that is the trade off for getting severance. Never knew a non compete to hold up for laid off employee. Take it to court they can not keep you from earning a living. They let you go unless you took a severance package in trade for staying out of the industry.

Check the ages of those left behind that still have ASM jobs. Most are nearing retirement age. It's the easy way out for when the next reduction in force happens in 18 - 24 months.
It's all part of the plan that Loyal ( Hello Newman) has been talking about since he shivved Jerry in the back.
Dan is the man with the plan. And of course if/when it fails he will find a scape goat. Careful Bridge and Pete.

Once again the smug "we" at SGC are now becoming the unemployed them.

That is an absolutely low life comment I doubt you would say to an autoworker or for that matter to a xS L persons face.

I dare you to put your real name and address & phone to that comment

u db

you must be a SGC current employee

Thomas M. Feeney

President & CEO-Safelite Group | Making a difference by bringing unexpected happiness to people's everyday lives. HA HA HA

We may not know who called you out SGlass but we do know
You are a coward and internet troll.
I agree with the other person's post .

I also Challenge you to not be the Internet troll that you are.
put your real identity out there and make those comments about those people that lost their jobs .

Until then you are a coward hiding behind your moms skirt and the name sglass.

Sglass is a
We may not know who called you out SGlass but we do know
You are a coward and internet troll.
I agree with the other person's post .

I also Challenge you to not be the Internet troll that you are.
put your real identity out there and make those comments about those people that lost their jobs .

Until then you are a coward hiding behind your moms skirt and the name sglass.

If you want a real discussion email me at Sglass313@aol.com

I know exactly who S is. And no, not a troll.

Hiding behind a screen name? Ummmm.....people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...and you may want to look in a mirror before you post comments like that. lol

JMHNLO

First off I've retired from a successful 40 year career as an independent shop owner.
Second, I don't like to see anyone loose their job.
Third, I find it hard to feel too bad about people who have lost their jobs when their job was helping a foreign company put a huge amount of American independent owners and their employees on the unemployment line nationwide.
These are the people whose job it was to make sure independents were insulated from dealing with insurance companies and frozen out from relationships with agents.
By the way my email is there and no contacts yet
Retired and really happy about it 😂

So here is the thing. I’ve been on both sides and marvel at how blind some people are; on both sides of the issue.

Those that say “you clones get what you deserve” or whatever….these are people that are trying to succeed, just like you. They landed at S and supported their employer and did their best to move that agenda forward – the same way each of you do every day. For the most part, they are loyal people that work hard to do well. They are good at what they do. Some however – are climber political hacks – they aren’t trying to build a better business, they are trying to build a better fiefdom for themselves – they are the guys in office space that nod but don’t mean it, or are the first to show support for a stupid idea because of who presented it. The irony is that they usually avoid the RIF, or restructure – but sometimes, even they get gone. Point is, they are usually good people; and often the most talented (because they are the ones that push the envelope….and that is not rewarded).

Those that defend or still work there should be (or are) aware that the truth doesn’t match the brochure. Be it people powered, people first…..whatever… the end story is this – everyone is disposable regardless of performance, talent, loyalty or any other factor. You exist at the whim of someone that has more wood than yourself and are never safe. That is reality. I experienced it, and saw it play out over and over and over again.

Small business is better in many ways because it is genuine. The brochure does match the content – good and bad. Fake bravado is not rewarded. That said, if a person wants a chance to climb, often at the expense of what is truly right, and often without merit, and is fearless about getting gone for whatever reason at any time – there are advantages to S as well. It is a solid, healthy company that is owned by (but doesn’t really run like) a really good company (recent results aside). Just don’t be naïve. The collective truly does not care about the individual because they have convinced themselves that their direction is right and between that and those that are just looking out for their own benefit...there is a minefield.

Also, don’t **** yourselves. S truly does not care one bit about you, your data, or what you do. They are the most internal focused company in the industry. Their people are too wrapped up in what policy or process they need to do to keep their manager out of their ass to care about how many 1217’s you put in. They simply don’t care. They care about their KPIs. You are a non-factor to them….which is the best competitive advantage you can have.

Safelite despair...Safelite disgrace

Get representation, there's always a way to work around a non-compete if you know this industry and desire to stay in it.

found you Sglass by your email

wonder why nobody gets into business

now we know who you are Sglass
you are no longer an anonymous troll mike

I've never been a mystery. I was on board of directors of L.I. Glass Asso. I've been mentioned in AGRR magazine. I've been on Board of Directors of Holbrook Chamber of Commerce. I've had a booth at a glass show. I've spoken in front of Suffolk County Legislators. I was an alternate on the AGRSS committee that wrote the guidelines. All listed who I was & email address. So what has been the secret?
I've even trained one of Bel/Safe's top 12 Techs they sent to China.
So now tell me wh you are.
We can do lunch

Round 2 will begin just after the new year. When it is over Each CTU will have an Agency response person. The Agency Response Rep will be a 9-5 position, paid hourly and tied to the desk in side the Warehouse.

Brutus, there is absolutely no possible way Safelite will ever leave all of their sales reps go. For that matter there is no possible way that you could possibly know of what the future is going to bring in 2018 with this so called Agency Recovery Rep!Just do not believe this will ever happen!

Never say never. I never thought i would see a auto glass now quote within 7 dollars of a safelite quote... now you know the world is coming to a end.

When you have a stranglehold on the market and make $$$ on every aspect of a w/s replacement you don't need to waste $$$ on staff going out soliciting for you.
They make $$$ on claim processing, manufacturing, distribution and installation. Couple that with radio & tv ads, who needs to pay anyone else?
JMO

I guess you missed it where they stopped manufacturing?

They attempted a partial version of this in 2002 with the ISR (inside sales representative) project. Massive field layoffs and hiring of a Columbus based outcall team.

They just deleted their service auto glass call center.

2018 is here and it took until August but S has pulled all their sales guys out of the field and are commencing the layoffs as of today. Cars have to be turned in Monday 8/20/18. So...

Well, 2018 is here and it took until August but S has pulled their sales guys out of the field and are commencing the layoffs as of today. Cars are to be turned in Monday 8/20/18. So there it is.

Sales force did nothing anyway, the good days were long over about ten years ago. I used to feel like a PAID free range chicken and it was nothing but fun. Whoever is left doesn't do their job either.

Welp, it's time to grow up and get real jobs and become contributing members of society just like adults. Glass sales was for grifters, gold brickers and people looking for subsistence wages for doing nothing-CORPORATE WELFARE at it's best.

So what was the final outcome? How many Safelite Agency Reps were let go and who? Could be some great opportunity for these folks elsewhere and non-compete enforcement is not all the same.. it varies by state law.. so you can easily verify what position you have..

in the know.. knows nothing
sales teams are a part of almost every business.
the phone doesn't ring unless a sale is made.

pharmaceutical sales, restoration sales, auto glass.
all have road sales and this is just a few. because it works

I think in "the know" is just one of those who is jealous he doesn't have the personality or charm (or maybe the teeth) to walk into an office unannounced and get
business without getting asked to get the f out.

every S L rep let go hade multiple offers before the ink dried.
Why..? because they are necessary, maybe at this time not to S L.
But necessary to many.

just because you think something isn't true or valuable doesn't mean you are right.
there is an entire work force in business after business to show you are dead wrong.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com