AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
USAA RECALIBRATION

We are experiencing a lot of delays in payment from SGC/USAA due to

recalibration issues. They are delaying payment on GMC/Chev. Vehicles

telling us that they recalibrate themselves automatically?

We did the recalibration and received prior approval and now

delay,delay,delay. This is even more ammunition to say no to TPA,s

Re: USAA RECALIBRATION

I was always told GM cars recalibrate by them selves, I think it is even in the owners manual it explains how long it takes for this to happen.

What did you have to do to recalibrate? Drive it around? Just curious what recalibration technique you use for these.

Az.Glass Shop
We are experiencing a lot of delays in payment from SGC/USAA due to

recalibration issues. They are delaying payment on GMC/Chev. Vehicles

telling us that they recalibrate themselves automatically?

We did the recalibration and received prior approval and now

delay,delay,delay. This is even more ammunition to say no to TPA,s

SO YOU CHARGED A CUSTOMER, TO DRIVE THEIR OWN CAR?, AFTER WAITING THE RECOMMENDED CURE TIME FOR THE THE URETHANE TO BE A SAFE DRIVE AWAY TIME AND BILLED THEIR INSURANCE FOR A "RECALL"? OR DID YOU DO NOTHING AND BILL BECAUSE IT HAD A ADAS SYSTEM? I DONT THINK YOU DID ANYTHING BUT SLAM A WS AND BILL FOR THINGS YOU DIDN'T DO AND AREN'T EQUIPT TO DO ( GM VEHICLES RECALL THEMSELVES!!!}.I THINK THE LATER AND YOU ARE THE REASON THE AUTO GLASS INDUSTRY IS IN THE SHAPE IT IS TODAY. THANKS FOR EXPOSING YOURSELF, HACK.

AZ glass shop,
GM vehicles DO NOT REQUIRE RECALIBRATION
your BS activity is the reason for the delay.

This is from I-Car
"Per our contact at GM, for vehicles equipped with a forward-facing camera (front view camera) If the windshield was replaced or R&I, the Front view camera module must be calibrated."
Certain driving conditions need to be met in order for the re-calibration to set. If these conditions are not met it will not re-calibrate. So maybe he did drive the customers car to be certain is was calibrated. If we are going to be liable for all this sh#!, why not get paid for it if you can?

Some Guy, Nice job on doing research and finding that GM does require recalibration on models. To bad other posters don't do their homework before spouting off.

The network gets paid to take a call from the policy holder reporting damage. I love how they ask if we have started the job yet. Yes, we have started the job because as soon as the policy holder walked thru my door the job starts otherwise I would be just sitting here stairing at a customer! When they pick up the phone their job starts also so do I ask them if they have started the job yet, sounds kind of stupid but if I'm not working at doing something then I would be kicked back having a beer or something or a sign that says 'gone fishing'!

Of course, Rabbit, we all know that question of "have you started the job yet" is to trigger which set of scripts the network CSR will proceed with to set, fix, limit, discount, allow, communicate, obfuscate, blather, state, or otherwise try to tell you what you may charge.

But I did laugh at your analogy, never thought of it that way, and it makes perfect sense! lol

JMHNLO

Gm vehicles are self calibrating. However they must pick up x amount of targets before self calibrating. The time it takes varies from vehicle to vehicle, speed, driving conditions, and other factors. Unfortunately, many dealers/franchises do not give us the proper info and just tell us it will calibrate.

Adas systems are not safety systems. they are driver assistance systems.

It is true, per GM( as with all manufactures) after a ws or tire replacement, wheel alignment these systems need to be recalibrated. Depending on the OEM, this is either a dynamic, static or a combination of both to restore the sytem back to OEM specs.

Newer GMs require a scan tool to trigger recalibration. when they shifted to active vs passive controls the process changed. Some may still be self calibrating. Look up procedures in I-CAR website.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com