AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Delays in payment from large TPA's?

Hello,

I'm Stephen, I work as assistant editor for glassBYTEs. I'm looking into reports for a possible article.

Have you experienced any delays in payment from large TPA's recently?

What is your experience with this? Has anyone had any problems?

Let's hear your thoughts. Contact me at stephen@glass.com

Re: Delays in payment from large TPA's?

The use of TPAs is only supposed to help insurers save money on administrative costs and not help enrich the insurer at the expense of service providers.

A better story would be to expose how Safelite colludes with auto insurers by using an unconscionable (one sided) network participation contract to help them land auto insurer contracts and help those insurers control and depress auto glass repair rates.

You might want to include in the story why and how service providers are coerced into participating in their network.

Usually the delayed payments are to non-network service providers.

Davey, are you suggesting there is only one bad network. kind of always been your downfall; just for the record they are all bad.

question
Davey, are you suggesting there is only one bad network. kind of always been your downfall; just for the record they are all bad.

My downfall? I mentioned Safelite because they are the only TPA in this industry that has reached monopoly power as a TPA. I don't consider any of the other TPAs large.

They are all pathetically bad, but SL is the 2,000 lb gorilla.

Junior

Bill directly!

my own man
Junior

Bill directly!

Not only does billing direct not stop delays in payment, it usually causes delays in payment. However, direct billing does remove the interference and undue influence with your ability to set your own prices. You, as a business owner, will have to enforce your pricing even if it means taking the insurer to court.

Most insurers hide behind the American rule, which means that each party has to pay their own legal expenses; however, insurers can be forced to reimburse legal expenses if the judge finds the insurer in breach of the contract or that the insurer acted unreasonably in failing to pay a reasonable amount invoiced.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com