AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Glassbytes post 3/14/17: This Auto Insurance Company Wants to Lower Rates for Tesla Self-Driving Ca

So the start-up insurance co. "ROOT" will give special discounts to Tesla owners. I guess that the horrors of Big Brother Watching You that George Orwell predicted in the novel 1984 are finally here 33 years late.

The article states that "the longer a vehicle is on Autosteer-eligible highway miles, the higher the discount the driver receives."

What the article doesn't state is how the hell ROOT will know that! My speculation is simply that you will be monitored. HOPEFULLY, they would need your approval, but do you really want to give your every freaking existence experiences to Big Brother?

As a totally separate issue, if the Autosteer is that terrific, maybe you should be totally off the hook and it should be Tesla that needs the insurance, not you.

Let's hear you weigh in on this folks!

Re: Glassbytes post 3/14/17: This Auto Insurance Company Wants to Lower Rates for Tesla Self-Drivin

Louie,

Have you heard of GPS? It is already in the works that auto manufacturers may be the ones purchasing the auto insurance instead of the driver/owner. Most likely they will self insure or buy umbrella policies. Of course the price of insurance will be factored into the price of the car. i can hardly wait.

Re: Glassbytes post 3/14/17: This Auto Insurance Company Wants to Lower Rates for Tesla Self-Drivin

Does anyone really want these cars? If they did, could they afford them?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com