AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pilkington dot-563 on bug (no more made in USA?)

My original LOF windshield (dot-15) was in need of replacing. My local auto glass shop regularly uses PPG (PGW) and Pilkington and they were certain they can still source from the USA. Well I've seen the PGW and it had a nice big made in china label (didn't verify the bug), and the Pilkington (which I requested thinking they'd still have the original molds and hopefully used the same LOF factory since they bought them out) had the same made in china label and a dot-563 and "CCC" on the bug with obvious defects in the glass and terrible finishing around the edges. Nowhere on the bug or anywhere else did it even say Pilkington, but the paper sticker did.
Does anyone know if perhaps they'd produce 2 lines from one manufacturer...maybe an economy line and a OEM premium line? I'd really love to find my glass from a North American facility. The NAGS code is DW01155GBN.
Thanks all.

Re: Pilkington dot-563 on bug (no more made in USA?)

My dear curious-mind, you appear to be a nice person, but you are wasting your time.

Re: Pilkington dot-563 on bug (no more made in USA?)

You are wasting your time and ours.
If you want glass made in the usa I hope you hold the same standard for all the goods you buy.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com