AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My competitor can see everything I do

How in the world is it legal for safelite to see about 70% of my business .

They can see and analyze -

> who are my customers - GEOGRAPHICS / DEMOGRAPHICS

> how I got my customers - MARKETING STRATEGY

> were my customers satisfied with my service - QUALITY OF SERVICE

> My prices - OBVIOUS

COMPANIES PAY ALOT OF MONEY FOR SOME OF THIS INFO .

SAFELITE BUILDS A SHOP RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME AFTER WE HAVE A RECORD YEAR !!!

COINCIDENCE ?

Re: My competitor can see everything I do

The answer, Joe Stevens, is quite simple. You are a nitwit. You accept self-serving decrees from insurance companies out of a ridiculous fear of not being "approved", and instead of billing direct to the companies, you allow Safelite to be your third party administrator and you also do jobs for their network. Wake up man!

No I dont , I am not a safelite affiliate shop . However , when I send my bills to Ins. company they forward to safelite .

Nunzio, I enjoy reading your posts. You are one of the few that has the ability to cut through the bull, and target the main issue.

However, on this one, "Gentleman Joe" makes a good point, which is, even if you're not a network shop, a direct competitor has direct access to a mountain of what should be business's proprietary data, and the claim of a "Chinese Wall" between the factions of that company, or that "any" TPA should have the ability to have access to that data, is woefully unacceptable, and any other business save for those that somehow involve insurers, does NOT happen.

As someone put it to me, consider this analogy: Since insurance is simply a form of payment we accept such as credit cards, what if Master Card or Visa audited your invoice, and sent you what "they" considered to be a "fair and reasonable" amount despite what your invoice was, with NO fraud committed or implied, and short paid your "charge" to the customer's payment method you accepted, claiming this was "good for all consumers"?

Would we even be having this discussion? I think not.

Now, someone will probably accuse me of obviously being as old as dirt, because I can remember doing business without insurer interference between ourselves and our customers? That I can't see the "reality" of business today?

Ya, that's my problem. Right.

JMHNLO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com