AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DW 01753 - Was that a 65% Price drop in Sept or am I crazy?

Just got a call from my manager saying there was a massive reduction on what NAGS has
DW 01753 listed for? Compared to last quarters it is apparently less then half of what it was listed for. ( Little bit more then the * reported 7% drop* )

Is he incorrect in this? Or am i going to have one hell of a day tommorow, since we do several of these specific windshields a week?

Re: DW 01753 - Was that a 65% Price drop in Sept or am I crazy?

A quote inside Jenna Reed's NAGS article Sept. 19:

“With the exception of the NAGS rebalancing, this is the most significant cost change the AGRR industry has seen in years,” said one larger retail shop manager. “Shops would be wise to analyze the data carefully before updating their pricing.”

Shops would be much, much wiser to totally ignore NAGS sham pricing.

the DW01753 went down -1.95% nothing close to 65%

concerned citizen
the DW01753 went down -1.95% nothing close to 65%

DW 01753 GBN.
May 2016 - 1420$ ish
Sept 2016 - 566$ ish
And autopac in manitoba pays 10% less then nags.

Where are you seeing 1.6 % ..

I guess i didnt specify.
This is listed in Canada, Manitoba.

The may book to the sept book IS that much a difference ( a decrease of over 60).
And theres no disputing it, as there is only 1 inssurance company here who owns everything. Autopac does 10% less of NAGS, and any disputes are done in court, and they pull your creditation. They simply say * then dont do them * .
I have called and NAGS confirmed this price decrease here for that item ( Thompson school bus windshield).

Pretty much a load of crap.

We all like to make a "fair" profit on the jobs we do.

We even like to make a "good" profit.

It's also nice when NAGS gives us an occasional "gift", but wouldn't you agree that the profit you made on the previous list was just a "teensy" excessive ?

NAGS "gives" nothing but grief to those who choose to accept it and those who do are deserving of it. As far as "teensy excessive", anon is in dire need of a brain aeration.

anon
We all like to make a "fair" profit on the jobs we do.

We even like to make a "good" profit.

It's also nice when NAGS gives us an occasional "gift", but wouldn't you agree that the profit you made on the previous list was just a "teensy" excessive ?

Ill agreee it was a little high, but the cost on the windshield isnt exactly cheap either. Its literally one of the largest they make. Mix that in with the fact its much hard to haul, and the installation time allowed on it is less then some small cars.

a 65% price drop was just unneccisarry. And with 2 people doing it, the time is hardly paid for. The new pricing allows no leeway for all the variables that come with doing a windshield that size. The amount of kits / urethane that is covered isnt even right.
The current price pretty much makes it not worth doing as if you were to break it, and had to order another one, its 2 installations worth of profit just to cover that broken windshield.

A decrease wouldnt have been the end of the world.
A drop 65% in a 4 month period is a joke. Was there any other decreases even close to that?
Also have to account for here, Autopac only covers 10% UNDER nags pricing aswell.
Compare it relativly to other windshields, and we make more with less risk off doing any style of truck or suv, then the bus full windshields now.
A 25% decrease would have been excessive but not game changing.
65% ? laughable.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com