AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite Glass Plant Closing Annoucement

Monday August 8th 2016 Safelite will announce to employees that they will be closing their Windshield Plant in Enfield, NC. This plant has been here for over 25 years and employs 300 people.

Re: Safelite Glass Plant Closing Annoucement

The plant opened in 1970 so it's been open for more than 45 years.

Just one or many closings to come. As safelite will fail as always

making glass in the USA for 45 years when so many other products are made outside the US.
I hardly call what S L did a failure.

Well I guess both bankruptcy isn't a sign of failures right?. Safelite drones defending their hive again

ex safelite
Well I guess both bankruptcy isn't a sign of failures right?. Safelite drones defending their hive again
Thanks for the laugh, former techs that have been discharged with cause are always entertaining.

Does that change the facts of the 2 bankruptcys? No it doesnt. What you posted was an opinion. What I posted was factual. Who's the Joker now oates?

Fact. 300 employees are going to lose their jobs. What's your rebuttal on that?

Too funny that Feeny said its a myth that there were quality issues. It's hard to find worse parts. We've refused to use SL glass for years. On simple windshields they had some of the worst bends ever.

When I worked there. I had to install sgc brand dw1141s. And it was wavy. How do you make a flat windshield into a wavy flat distorted windshield?

I wonder what will happen to the sales people who sell wholesale?

They will sell FYG, XYG, APtech, PGW, Pilkington, CrinaMex, YKG, Benson, ST Gobain,..........
Ooops

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com