AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ford F150 Rearview Mirrors

Greetings all. I did an installation on a 2012 Ford F150 today and the customer says that the mirror is shaking. I've been doing auto glass for over 6 years now and still do not know a good way to take the rear view mirrors off and put them back on. Very frustrating to say the least. I usually use a different tool to press in the prong with the nipples to get it off. Then I use a plastic pry tool to try to bend the prong back into position which sometimes breaks the prong. Can anyone out there give me some tips on removal and reinstallation of this ******* design??? Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Ford F150 Rearview Mirrors

The small pins that hold the metal bracket become loose.I take a rivet punch and tap the edges of those pins to smash the edges. i hope this helps.

I don't take the mirror off until the window is out. Lay it flat on the the ground then use a panel tool to lift the mirror just enough to clear the tabs while taping base of mirror with a small hammer. Since I started doing it this was about 10 years ago I have had no problems. Like others have said if you come across a wobble tap the rivets with a punch.

indiana
The small pins that hold the metal bracket become loose.I take a rivet punch and tap the edges of those pins to smash the edges. i hope this helps.

Along with Equalizer part # JMR357. Used one for years...works great.

Equalizer makes a tool to remove thes mirror but I made my own slides under mirror and it raises the prongs then take hammer and hit base of mirror comes of easy then to reinstall take glass cleaner the foam kind and spray mirror prongs slides right on till you hear a click and your done

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com