AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What percentage of glass shops take assignments of benefits and direct bill?

I'm doing a little research into the feasibility of direct billing insurance companies and I was wondering, what percentage of shops actually take assignments of benefits from their customers and direct bill?

I'm not looking for an exact answer, just a general one. I'm not altogether new to the glass industry, but it seems to me that the majority of glass shops don't take assignments and don't direct bill? Is that an accurate assessment?

Re: What percentage of glass shops take assignments of benefits and direct bill?

Is this a fishing expedition by Safelite?

Re: What percentage of glass shops take assignments of benefits and direct bill?

No, I'm on your side of the insurance spectrum but not I'm not a glass shop. I'm a rep for a FL insurance collections company. We either do factoring type arrangements or a buy-out of old claims accounts receivable, we then try to get insurers to pay extra on those claims accounts. The research I was talking about was in relation to whether there is potential to do collections work for/with auto glass shops based on whether glass shops take assignments and direct bill.

Also, on whether Safelite would fish for this information on this board, I find it highly unlikely. The networks/TPAs almost certainly have the ability to compile their own assignment/direct bill statistics by themselves or with the help of their client insurance carriers. They are the ones involved in processing glass claims after all.

Unfortunately, my company doesn't have the access that a network/TPA might, so we have to talk to one shop at a time (or ask on this board) to get an idea on what's going on with our local glass industry.

Where can I call you?

Feel free to call me at 727-314-1709, Dolores.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com