AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2012 Chevy Cruze backglass 1 man reinstall advice needed

I easily removed the glass to have some bodywork done. Now it's time to put it back in. I have a Lil Buddy but the suction cup is too large to stick on the quarter window. The main issue is the bottom edge has a weatherstrip that has to go under the trunk lid. If I tried this freestyle, I can imagine dragging the urethane and making a mess. Any one-man install suggestions from those that have done it?

Re: 2012 Chevy Cruze backglass 1 man reinstall advice needed

Shoulder tap a guy at the body shop, give him a set of nitriles and ask him to give you a hand with the set. They have just as much to lose too it it comes out bad, never had anyone say no before

What I have done in the past with tight bottom *****rs & no help around is take the 4 bolts out of trunk lid hinge & slide the trunk lid back ,, then put 1 bolt in each side back in [ front hole trunk lid, back hole hinge] then snug them up,lower trunk lid slowly to make sure it doesn't hit Q/panels, if it does just put some foam protector on top of Q/panel. that way trunk lid is slid back out of the road.. Hope this helps Ya EH..

What? These weigh like 5 pounds and are very easy to set by yourself if you know how to position the cup on the glass. On some back windows you should be able to open the trunk a little bit to where you get the clearance you need, or use the foam separators on the new windshields you get from your supplier that you throw away and wedge them between the trunk and quarter panel where the trunk closes.

Old Caulk
What I have done in the past with tight bottom *****rs & no help around is take the 4 bolts out of trunk lid hinge & slide the trunk lid back ,, then put 1 bolt in each side back in [ front hole trunk lid, back hole hinge] then snug them up,lower trunk lid slowly to make sure it doesn't hit Q/panels, if it does just put some foam protector on top of Q/panel. that way trunk lid is slid back out of the road.. Hope this helps Ya EH..

Man, I was going to post that I just thought of this myself before seeing you mention it. Guess great minds think alike. And was able to mount the Lil Buddy not on the small quarter window but on the main rear door glass. Keep the swingarm locked so it didn't hit the c pillar but really helped a lot.

http://www.fototime.com/C719811C8ED0306/large.jpg

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com