AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Power Window Challenge

2007 Chev Impala, all power windows will not operate.

At LF door, switch LF door glass down and rocker switch ****es loudly and vibrates. Switch LF door glass up and soft ****ing inside door.

Switch RF, RR, or LR door glass up or down from drivers position and a soft ****ing occurs at each respective door.

Condition continues with or without window lock on or off.

Drivers door window switch module has been changed and condition continues.

My knowledge of electrons is limited. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Power Window Challenge

pull dr panels check regulators.

Re: Power Window Challenge

if all the regulator work and you check the switches, it sounds like a grounding issue. remove driver side door panel. locate the ground( should be black) wire. get a similar gauged wire, strip one end and insert into back end of harness. find an exposed piece of metal on the door shell and attach the other end there. now try window operation. if this works then you have a faulty ground. you can then proceed and properly attach jump wire to ground wire using a proper connector and then properly attach the other end to a proper ground. I have seen this done many of times. seems to be an issue where the ground wire attaches under the dash and corrosion on these cars. I have even seen this on some gm/chevy trcuks

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com