AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite Sales Pay Cut

Safelite Sales getting a cut in commissions. Sad times

Re: Safelite Sales Pay Cut

When will Bel/Safe people realize they don't have a career? They are in a use, abuse, burn out & get rid of situation.

Salaries probably crept up too high. Can't let the "rainmakers" have net incomes 2-2.5 times what the techs make. Delivering the value message and donuts all day is tough!

Jimmy crack corn
Salaries probably crept up too high. Can't let the "rainmakers" have net incomes 2-2.5 times what the techs make. Delivering the value message and donuts all day is tough!

So...in that world, there are guys that make 40....up to guys that make 120. Their objective is twofold.... get rid of the guys that make 120 without giving up the relationships they have built....and replace half of them with the 40K guys and force them to build relationships based entirely on the company...and not the individual.

Ask the former Giant guys how people powered is working out for them...or Jimmy Crack Corn....

Make no mistake; there is ivory tower desire to eliminate field sales in favor of media campaigns and strategic sales at the network level....kind of like CSRs. They keep trying to do it, but can't.

Those that understand the truth understand that a successful relationship is built around the individual and the company....not either or...but hey, what do I know...

It's not just sales. They switched the bonus program for technicians beginning this year for a "test" of their new program and most of us have seen a 15-20% decrease in overall pay as a result. I'm jumping ship as soon as I see a raft.

I just watched a SL installer do an install two days ago. The tech was a mess to say the least. The pinch weld prep was sloppy and inadequate, and two days later the car still has tape which will no doubt become part of the car. Call me a SL basher, but whatever they're paying him it's too much. But I've never seen a SL install yet that I would want to claim.

...from experience
Jimmy crack corn

So...in that world, there are guys that make 40....up to guys that make 120. Their objective is twofold.... get rid of the guys that make 120 without giving up the relationships they have built....and replace half of them with the 40K guys and force them to build relationships based entirely on the company...and not the individual.

Ask the former Giant guys how people powered is working out for them...or Jimmy Crack Corn....

Make no mistake; there is ivory tower desire to eliminate field sales in favor of media campaigns and strategic sales at the network level....kind of like CSRs. They keep trying to do it, but can't.

Those that understand the truth understand that a successful relationship is built around the individual and the company....not either or...but hey, what do I know...

From Experience.....You nailed it !

No matter what and no matter where or so it seems, when they say, "the sky is the limit", on how much you can make. You do not realize the the sky has a set limit, similar to that house plant growing in the corner of your living room. That is, keep it lower than the ceiling, reach it and you are either done or that is when they start a trimming you down.
Ooops....

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com