AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IS DW1514 4.8mm AVAILABLE

2003 corvette z06

I'm having trouble locating this windshield. The customer wants the 4.8mm stamped on the glass. Manufacture is AP TECH. DOT-376. Has heads up display.

It might be possible that a DW 1372 may interchange. According to SAG and the dealer.

So, does anyone have any contact information for AP TECH. Is this windshield still produced?

Any help is appreciated

-

Re: IS DW1514 4.8mm AVAILABLE

Spoke with a friend at AGC. They wish to remain anonymous. The glass is still made and is available through many of the large distributors and some regional players as well.
HTH!!!

Re: IS DW1514 4.8mm AVAILABLE

OK..the definitive word.....

I went thru SafeLite here in San Diego and had my windshield replaced...they were really helpful..I highlily recomentd them

Heres the deal. They brought out a APTech (OEM Mfg) DW1430 winshield and and an APTech DW1514

Both had the same bugs in the corners, both stated that they wre 4.8mm... which included the HUD designation, sun shade etc....

The DW1514 cost 900 bucks the DW1430..cost 400 bucks!

Guess which one I went with....

Read more: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-z06-discussion/2076502-dw-1430-windshield-for-z06-hud.html#ixzz3zPnTqQMW

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-z06-discussion/2076502-dw-1430-windshield-for-z06-hud.html

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com