AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FW3419 / Passat windshield

Has anyone come across an issue with the bracket on the FW3419? The bracket on the original glass has an oval shape to it. We have checked a Pilk, FYG, and Sekurit and they all have a square shape bracket. Probably going to go through dealer, but wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Re: FW3419 / Passat windshield

yes we did 2 years ago on a mobile. not sure why the oval bracket exists. we were confused as well/ we swaped the brackets urethaned the oval one back and returned the next day to mount the mirror. Did not like doing this but we agreed to provide a new windshield at a certain price ?? we have done 15 since and all have been the rectangular bracket.

It's not a 3419, that is the answer found this over on the face book, Never personally seen this. The cheapest solution is buy the square mirror and cover beats the hell out of buying a dealer windshield.

I do about 20 of these a month. can you enlighten us with a vin #? I Would be curious to see as what RightGlass decodes this part to..

Customer is a very particular and serious person so we just ordered from the dealer, but thanks for the tip. It did come in with the oval bracket on it.

Larry, I would provide the VIN but this customer would flip if I ever released any of their information on a forum. I know they would never find out, but this is the kind of job where Mr. Murphy and his laws make multiple appearances so better safe than sorry. Hope you understand.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com