AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
They did a great job. It never leaked.

How many times have you heard this when replacing a w/s? Then you pull the glass only to find a lot of rust, bare metal scoring from being cut out last time, no primer in sight and urethane holding the moldings on instead of the proper clips. You engage the customer in conversation and find out the Tech was really good, he had the whole job done in less then a half hour and it was only drizzling not really raining out when it was done in their driveway. (or it was just a light snow flurry) People have no clue what a great job really is.

Re: They did a great job. It never leaked.

after inspecting and refusing to install a windshield due to rust(3/4 of the pinch weld) and telling the customer that it would not stay in in an accident, he said, "I don't care if it falls out, I just don't want it to leak". He was letting his 16 year old daughter drive it. What an awesome parent/person.

Re: They did a great job. It never leaked.

I wish I had a nickel for everyone I've seen. I wouldn't need to hit the lottery. Time and time again I see it. Most techs don't care and management turns a blind eye to short cuts as long as the guy installs a lot of glass without a lot of callbacks.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com