AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
laser deletion

Does anyone know what the "laser delection" feature is?

I had the question asked to me and I have no idea what it is.

Re: laser deletion

Laser Deletion Area - a solar coated glass that has a small area without coating to allow lasers to work through the glass.

That allows radar detectors and the like to properly function on solar tinted windshields. Much like the reason GM continued to make a non solar version of the Impala windshield for law enforcement vehicles

Incorrect on the last post, the windshield had lead in it, that did not allow radar's to work, it was the Sungate, NOT solar... they did not get rid of the solar..

Thanks,

It sounds like the "garage door opener" window on the bottom of the old multi coated ZR1 Corvette windshields.

The couldn't call it a radar detector window for legal reasons

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com