AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2015 Chev Malibu dw1965 question....

These have the weatherstrip across bottom that comes on the glass, I installed a pilkington one and noticed that after installation as I was snapping the cowl back into it, that it came loose from glass, I was able to get it snapped in, however it is no longer entirely bonded to bottom of glass.(I noticed this issue with alot of a/m glasses that come with molding on bottom that cowl snaps into).

Question.....has anyone had any issue with water on floorboard afterwards that they have been able to trace back to this problem?

We have water on drivers floorboard, and back floorboard driverside. Initially thought it was coming from rear area as water standing in back is very noticeable, pulled front carpet, extra thick padding up there and water is also standing there as well. Water tested and no water coming down A pillar, yet moisture visible on lower hinge pillar. Fresh airbox I believe is on passenger side, so water on driverside seems a bit confusing.

Anyway, probably our problem, but was just trying to narrow down, and see if anyone had had any issues with this that maybe able to help with additional info.

Thanks for any info anyone could provide.

Re: 2015 Chev Malibu dw1965 question....

http://oemdtc.com/14902/water-leak-on-driver-andor-passenger-side-floor-2014-2015-chevrolet-malibu

Google is your friend

Poor quality is the issue. If I have time I re-bond the bottom strip myself before installation

I only use PGW never have had this fall off ever.

R & I'd the w/s, checked seal, everything looks good, the bottom drivers corner seemed a little lacking of sealant so I insured there was plenty and reinstalled, still leaks. Sent to Dealer, haven't heard back yet.

My mistake about the bottom molding, its not two sided taped on, its actually a wrap around molding that slides onto bottom edge of class so not that.

On another note, I checked out Lee's website, and while I had the glass out I noticed there were gaps in the sheet metal where it was layered upon one another in the bottom corners, end result would have been a wind noise, not necessarily water, I sealed them as well in any event, like I said still leaks. However, I thought it was odd seeing those gaps. Killer bees would definitely be able to get inside. :P

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com