AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
issues locating molding

Vehicle is a 1985 Porsche 944 i was able to find the glass without an issue, am having a bit of an issue locating an avalible molding for this vehicle, any ideas.?

Re: issues locating molding

This car is equipped with stainless moldings. Built like an aluminum beer can, they flex and bend like crazy. Inspect them with the owner to look at the quality before the installation. If you need moldings best bet is having the customer waste his time on Ebay looking for a set.

yeah my initial thought was to try and reuse them (have never done work on a '85 944) but seeing the vehicle in person i thought to my self "aint no way i get these off here without damaging them to a point beyond use." ill skim through ebay and see what i can see.

Did a google on the car. Pics on most of these look like they have push on moldings 5/8 or 3/4. The 924 had aluminum moldings, a 4 piece setup if yours is like that they come off easy if some idiot hasen't glued them down.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0004/46/47/4066474.jpg

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com