AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Some New 2016 Model Tips

Folks,

The new 2016 Civics and Odysseys have a cowl retainer and as they are not yet in the aftermarket, Dealer OE glass is only available.
Be aware that the Honda OE glass does not come with the retainer. It is a separate part and must be ordered along with glass. It has a pretty sticky tape that is used to attach to glass. I added some urethane for insurance.
In both cases, the foam upper molding on the van and the 3 part foam moldings on the Civic have not changed much.
Did a 2016 Altima today. pretty simple. The upper molding is an underlip and the 2 side moldings are clipped in. I sort of rolled the molding outward and pulled it away from body. It has 4 clips a side that look and act alot like door panel clips. It was 50 deg out and no clips or moldings were harmed in the process. Cowl is a typical Nissan one that is clipped in (for those who won't or don't jump)

Re: Some New 2016 Model Tips

Thank You. Thats going to save someone a lot of headaches.This is the kind of post we need on this sight.If we all would post on new models it would make installing smooth instead walking into an ambush.

Forgot to mention. The Civic I did was an OEM FYG USA made. There here folks and get used to it

Thanks for the tips!!

Uh are you SURE it was an Altima I have done about 4 so far and they were still the same 3621 Body style the MAXIMA changed..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com