AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wow... a referral

I just got a referral from the Big S... they told the customer .. use whoever they wanted.. ohhh almost forgot, its a 2016 vehicle... dealer part.. 5 day wait.. LOL

Re: Wow... a referral

What kind of Vehicle

some TPA reps actually understand federal steering laws. just want to through that out there.

Most tpa reps don't care about the law. I just wanted to "through" that out there.

Typo after a long day, way to be a grammar nazi on an annonymous forum, lol.
side note, ive worked for TPAs in the past, and i understood if i steer people i cause federal suits, if enough federal suits are caused the company (that at the time paid my bills) that is being sued may have to close their doors (if the suits are big enough and plentiful enough) which cause which ever TPA to lose revenue and eventually have to close their doors, which makes me homeless, now why in the world would any person want to put that on themselves.? lol

LoL, when you were employed by a TPA did you also understand that if you followed your script that you were steering as well as deceiving the policyholder?

And how did you read your scripts when you clearly can't write?

to be honest i never read them verbetim but letting my caller know that "XYZ" auto glass doesn't participate in the glass program for "ABC" insurance company is not steering, i never once, nor did any of my colleuges, tell a policy holder they couldnt use a shop of their choosing. and i beg of you to send me a file with a recorded call from any TPA rep that said "no you can not use that shop"

LoL, you make me laugh what you state is again WRONG! You just said you tell customers that XYZ auto glass does not participate, well let's check a few facts.

So a NON network shop is not in an agreement with the said tpa, BUT if you call them stating you have a customer requesting their shop and the shop agrees to do the work, they are now PARTICIPATING in the network scam. SO you just lied to the customer because in fact the shop did participate by doing the work HMMMMMM wrap your little pea brain around this fact.

I have been a non network shop, for over 12 years, but yet I participate by doing the work for MY customers, and The network pricing means NOTHING to me for they are not in the contract for the repairs.

I am a participating shop, but I am not a network shop or signed shop. But by accepting the WORK or JOB I therefore PARTICIPATE. JMNLHO

By the way every arbitrator and small claims court judge has been in agreement to this analogy!

Non network shops need to re read and let this sink in it says more than you may realize at this time. Think about it............................

LoL, The law says the policyholder gets to choose the service provider. So what purpose does "letting the caller know that their chosen shop does not participate in the glass program for "ABC" insurance company have, if not to plant a seed of doubt about their chosen shop?

However subtle the so called "truthful statement", it is meant to call into question the reputation of a shop not buckling under to the pressure to "participate", and to suggest to the caller that they "need" to choose a participating provider for their claim to be valid. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Furthermore, suggesting to a policyholder that if they stick with their chosen shop, they MAY be subject to out of pocket expenses is nothing more than a scare tactic in order to "steer them away from the chosen shop and into the arms of a "participating" shop. Why should anyone representing another service provider even be allowed to utter those scripted words?

Finally,
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/troubleshooters/Auto-Glass-Monopoly-266133701.html

Copy and paste the above link.

Safelite did issue a response to the Petrauskas complaint:
“We are aware of the complaint from Mr. Petrauskas and are investigating what took place. While Safelite Solutions dedicates significant resources in training its CSRs, sometimes human error may occur and that is what we believed happened here.”

Human error-LOL

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com