AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Corrupt Business Model

If an insurance company is not supposed to do anything that has the effect of steering a policyholder to a particular auto repair shop or shops, what can it offer a shop in an effort to negotiate pricing?

Likewise, how can an auto insurer legally entertain an offer from a company that controls a network of active service providers to administer claims for said auto insurer without violating the 1963 Consent Decree?

Wouldn’t it be a corrupt business model for a company with hundreds of active service providers to even offer to administer claims for an auto insurer? It would not only violate the consent decree and public policy, but also be a blaring conflict of interest.

Re: Corrupt Business Model

I think that any sort of thought of any move is going to have to be behind closed doors... But my door is locked so don't come knocking...

Just Saying....

Re: Corrupt Business Model

Not only would it be a corrupt business model, but I would also wonder why an insurer would even entertain the offer.

Furthermore, I wonder why insurance companies that are not parties to a repair contract feel that they have any right to negotiate prices after the damage has already occurred especially when they should have known that there was a possibility that their insured might pick a service provider that was not a "network" participant.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com