AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Warranty Average Per Month

Looking for what the average in % of what your shops monthly warranty average is. I am talking about real warranties due to technician's workmanship. What do you think the national average is in our industry.

Re: Warranty Average Per Month

When I worked for Slavelite our national average was just under 33%.

They were happy with that. 33 out of 100 jobs had some type of issue.

I am not really supposed to let the cat out of the bag since yes I had

a senior management position at that time.

I own my own shop now and our average is 1% knock on wood.

That is unbelievable. I just find that incredible! I don't know how it could be that high and still keep an NPS score of over 75%. I have always heard 2-4 % as an industry standard but 33%? Are you talking about actual warranties like air or wind noise, leakers, molding issures, distortion, wipers not put back n right, mirror brackets falling off, scratches etc?

I also started my auto glass career at Safelite, like most people in the business. Was there for my 3 years, then went to a small local shop for 5 years. My warranty rate was low for Safelite, but still too high for me. They did ding us for mirrors falling off and distorted glass, which was not the tech's fault. I started my own business in July and I have had one warranty so far. Molding coming loose on a Jeep Cherokee. Fixed it the same day I was called. It's a much better work environment when you can schedule your own jobs and not have to rush around all day and get overloaded with work. That's when the warranty rate goes up. It's also amazing how many windshields I go out on that are broken from adjusting the r/v mirror and are SGC glass.

33% is way over the top I find it unbelievable. The worst I have ever seen was when Empire Glass ( Phoenix AZ )was in business with Rich Chance still alive they had a 8% warranty problem and were bragging because it had been higher. Mostly caused by stuffing the windshield under the cowl.

I find that total to also be unbelievable...they wouldnt still be in business.

Don Ford
33% is way over the top I find it unbelievable. The worst I have ever seen was when Empire Glass ( Phoenix AZ )was in business with Rich Chance still alive they had a 8% warranty problem and were bragging because it had been higher. Mostly caused by stuffing the windshield under the cowl.

That's not the only thing he was stuffing. This is why I don't mess with prostitutes... they will kill you given the chance.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com