AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Creative / AKA Right Trim Molding... Buyer Beware Its not a 1265 Inside

I figured I would post this here in the unlikely even anyone actually comes here I want to give you a heads up that multiple places in NC at least have 1265 moldings in stock (Right Trim) and they are packaged incorrectly...

Seem all the cool kids have migrated over to that other place. But if this saves one tech the aggravation I had to go thru today it is worth it to share.

Re: Creative / AKA Right Trim Molding... Buyer Beware Its not a 1265 Inside

Good to know. Have you had any problems with the GGG side moldings for the Ford Explorer warping? We had several do that. They'd warp and fly off. Seems the plastic wasn't very good. Also had problems with 1659 gel pads from GGG.

Never heard of that? Captn' hit me on Facebook .... where all the cool kids r now apparently. Unless you are already in the group I speak of.

Never had any issues with a 1659 pad. Which one? they make one that is silicone... the freaks at mygrant only seem to have PRP lately

Don't have FB, only G+. Guess I'm not one of the "Cool Kids" anymore. The side moldings on the Explorer is a recent development. We had to replace about 6 sets that flew off. On one vehicle, the one that was left was warped. As for the 1659 gelpads, they don't seem to seal correctly and they didn't stick like the PRC ones do. It could be that junk DOT563 glass we were getting from PGW. Either way, I like the 901 gel. Works great if you know how to use it.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com