AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Direct billing

What is the real story with direct billing,is yes their are a few Ins. that

you can bill direct and get paid direct.

for the majority you can say you bill direct but they still end up in the hands

of you got it,Slave rite. And yes you will get short paid and yes you will have

arbirtrate to get paid in full,period................

Farmers,Geico,Progressive,Hartford,Safeco,American family,Libertymutual,Allstate,

will not pay you direct so forget about it they will still send your invoice to

you guessed it,Slave rite.

Now there is some good news this whole 3rd party admin problem is getting closer

to becoming a thing of the past we will have to wait and see but for now

no one that posts on this forum is getting paid direct from these companies.

Thanks again

Re: Direct billing

Hartford does not use Safelite.

Put simply, you are wrong.

then can you explain to us what ins companies and how to bill them direct

wow flash do you know how to install a w/s? Does it change from a cash customer to a fleet or dealer customer? do you know how to bill any customer? or are you just an installer with no clue of how to charge any customer. hmmmmmm

It doesn't make much difference WHO you are billing. It does matter how you are billing.

Some customers are worth more because they pay promptly, like CASH and fleets that sometimes cut a check right now.

When it comes to direct billing it is no different from any other customer. If the form of payment happens to be an insurance policy, ALL INS CO'S CAN BE BILLED. none ARE EXEMPT FROM BEING BILLED. You need to do a little research to find out how and where. It is not a secret it is COMMON SENSE! You just need to wake up and TRY!

YES there are stumbling blocks trying to stop you. They don't want to cooperate with you, you mean nothing to them. But right is right and wrong is still wrong and they lose everyday to those who fight back.

There is NO Ins company I have not billed direct, there is No Ins company that I have not been paid in full from.

END OF THIS LESSON!

Correct. What works for one shop may not work for another. Do your homework and don't give in. Charge what you need to charge to make a fair profit and go after EVERY short pay. Insurance companies will come around sooner or later. Some much later. Don't give up.

Dear Autoglass,
Not sure where you have received all your information but I direct bill almost every insurance company and five of the ones you mentioned pay me direct, so what are you doing wrong?

Glassgal
Dear Autoglass,
Not sure where you have received all your information but I direct bill almost every insurance company and five of the ones you mentioned pay me direct, so what are you doing wrong?

Herein lies the problem, Glassgal. Misconceptions like this one keep those who have never direct billed from doing so, and thus feed the TPA and price-fixing monster. We also get paid DIRECT by 5 of the companies that he lists and have been for several years. SL can pay us on the other companies all they want. We still get what we bill through suit, appraisal or umpire. Autoglass, you are way off base. If you want to know the TRUTH about direct billing, join us in the uncensored FB group.

Enlightened
Glassgal
Dear Autoglass,

Herein lies the problem, Glassgal. Misconceptions like this one keep those who have never direct billed from doing so, and thus feed the TPA and price-fixing monster. We also get paid DIRECT by 5 of the companies that he lists and have been for several years. SL can pay us on the other companies all they want. We still get what we bill through suit, appraisal or umpire. Autoglass, you are way off base. If you want to know the TRUTH about direct billing, join us in the uncensored FB group.

Can you give the info on this uncensored fb group? Interested.

Scott
Enlightened
Glassgal
Dear Autoglass,

Can you give the info on this uncensored fb group? Interested.

Auto Glass Tech Group

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com