AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2015 F150

We have done 2 of these so far. Wire to remove to prevent scratching but difficult on top center where it dips down. We did this with 2 techs to set was in place. You have to tuck glass under edge of plastic in corners carefully. Seems like it would be a difficult job with only one man. I'm posting to get some feedback from others on tips for doing these. Thanks

Re: 2015 F150

Did the wire jump onto the roof where it dips down and if it did how did you keep the wire off the roof.
I think if the wire gets on the roof it will scratch the paint.

DW2130 ? that windshield is cake. None of my guys complain about it, and we use the Ultrawiz stainless blades on them. I am being serious, I am not sure you are talking about because they are so simple.

I think sometimes we put to much thought into things. I use to always over think the Jetta's hell now give me an ultra thin pain protection blade and I zing it right out, come back with a BTB scrapper... oh yeah baby that is the good stuff!!

I anc****d the wire on the inside and pulled from passenger to driver with wire handle on the outside. Easy to pull but someone has to pay attention to inside headliner.

Thanks. I'll have to try that. Girl didn't make first payment yet and was nervous so we took our time with it. Did you do a one man set?

Wire ot fiberline and put tape across the top of the glass to help it stay down. Urethane follows the contour of the glass so it can be carefully coldknifed to. Set with little buddy carefully to avoid where the cowl snaps in on either side. Only top half of cowl pops off for job. I have only done these alone and if you are decent at autoglass this is cake.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com