AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Neil Duffy, I'm ready to take your place.

Dammit Neil, I know you're doing what you can. However, I may be ready to fill in as a weekly/monthly blogger in your stead. I will tell the truth without abstination and let the chips fall where they may. I have no affiliation with any wholesaler, manufacturer or representative thereof. "Nuttin' but da troof" as I see it. Yeah, there's gonna be some folks who say they can do it better. So where are they? Only guy I see who can "maybe" take your place is "Larry" formerly from MO, now in SC. And no, "Juz Sayin" does not cut it either. When is the last time any of these guys picked up a cold knife let alone a wire system and saw what it actually does before pontificating about it's positive and detrimental qualities? Bob Beranek tries, but nobody listens. Therefore, I humbly throw my hat into the ring to be his replacement. Ms. Levy, here I stand.

Re: Neil Duffy, I'm ready to take your place.

Had no idea he called it quits? He and I have not seen eye to eye on some things, but he is a good guy.

Whoa Big Fella.

I'm not dead. I'm still slapping glass in and I appreciate the fact that you like(d) my blogs. Deb has been more than kind in keeping my name up by the masthead despite my lack of compositions. Let me explain my writer's cramp:

First of all, I love AGR but I hate repeating myself for subject material. I certainly can be a curmudgeon but I also strive to balance topics on the light side. In short being preachy gets old.

I'm frustrated because what I sense is the core group in AGR- the one to two man shop is basically powerless to stop global economics, corporate domination of key markets and the easy entry of unqualified and unprofessional installers. Add the Internet where price not craftsmanship is the key selling point in consumer choices. Somehow our ignorant public has this idea that auto glass installation is like buying a box of Cheerios. Same product, different vendors with lower prices same outcome. Dream on John Q Public!

Where is our industry? We have seen such a downward trend in prices but at a real cost in quality. We have a single unfettered international corporation that has far too much market presence and influence while most of us are far too busy fighting among ourselves for work by price cutting. We don't talk to each other much less like each other locally. I'd rather talk with my national "buddies" that I have met through this blog than a group from my part of California.
Can I be replaced? I'm sure I can.(Don't want to be) Write Deb and see if you can "measure" up. It is always been my intent to do the best job possible whether it is writing, installing or competing at golf. I have a few uncompleted pieces that are still works in progress. I would gladly read anyone who champions craftsmanship and still works the trade

Man, I miss your updates. I started reading your stuff and Bob's when I first got into the industry quite awhile back, easily my favorite 2 blogs no joke.

Neil, I for one usually enjoy reading your blog. Don't worry about pounding the rock. As an old friend of mine always said most people read things dozens of times before they start spitting out the same thing as if it was their own new idea . The only way to counter the brainwashing that cheaper and faster with junk is the new definition of quality is to state the obvious and say it just ain't so, no matter how many times it takes.

This has to be the best post that I have seen on here in years. It is exactly the struggle that I deal with everyday. Customers assume that glass is glass like a pair of shoes so they just get prices quotes for 8-10 shops and they pick the cheapest price. It is not until later that they realize that cheaper is not better. Sometimes your better off to pay a little more and you will receive a lot more. Some people get it and some do not .

Georgia Florida Blacksheep
Dammit Neil, I know you're doing what you can. However, I may be ready to fill in as a weekly/monthly blogger in your stead. I will tell the truth without abstination and let the chips fall where they may. I have no affiliation with any wholesaler, manufacturer or representative thereof. "Nuttin' but da troof" as I see it. Yeah, there's gonna be some folks who say they can do it better. So where are they? Only guy I see who can "maybe" take your place is "Larry" formerly from MO, now in SC. And no, "Juz Sayin" does not cut it either. When is the last time any of these guys picked up a cold knife let alone a wire system and saw what it actually does before pontificating about it's positive and detrimental qualities? Bob Beranek tries, but nobody listens. Therefore, I humbly throw my hat into the ring to be his replacement. Ms. Levy, here I stand.

Dear Ready,
There is no need to take anyone's place! Blog away. Submit it to glassbytes and if it is any good they might publish it.

You are not the enemy, I am not the enemy, therefore ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_mFZ8wYE0c

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com