AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Prius reset

Having a problem on a rear door glass for a 2013 Prius. The glass goes up and comes back down

Any info on resetting the child safety switch?

Re: Prius reset

Try this. Hold the switch when rolling down, keep it held for 5 seconds after the regulator stops, then hold the switch on in the up direction and keep it held for 5 seconds after the window closes. This will reset the timing on the regulator in many cases for express windows.

Take the motor off and cycle it, there use to be a nice online list of re-set notes I can not locate it any more :( I know if you search here hard you can find it.

A good rule is not to turn the ignition on if the switch is unpluged

BOB this is so true, same with rain sensors, and Lane Departure. Leave it off till it is plugged in.

Had the same issue with the late model Prius and I never power a vehicle up with any switch or device unplugged. Gave up and told the customer to take it to dealer. (Had an OEM glass as well). Used the tried and true manual reset but did nothave time or patience to do the motor reset.

Hey Glassmandan

Thanks a lot.....it worked!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com