AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kenworth Truck

Has anyone ever done a door glass On a 1998 T-600 Kenworth Truck?
It is a DT 4774. (right side)

We are having trouble getting the front run channel removed to get the glass in.
It is riveted in place from the outside and it seems we will need to remove the door in order to re install the channel with the rivets.

Has any got any experience with this?

Re: Kenworth Truck

I think I did you of those years ago, in a dirt parking lot right side hot humid day. I swore I would never touch one again! No way to get the glass in the door. I was tempted to rip the whole door off the truck and bring into the shop, But I kept removing every dang nut, screw, bolt, I could find. After gutting the door I was able to just barely get the glass in then reassembled all the screws, nuts, bolts washers. PAIN IN TH KEESTER! or back side. I think when done I only had a couple screws left! GO FIGURE!

Gut the door and pry it open enough to stuff the glass in . Not pretty,,, BAD Design.

Good luck! Now I send them to a dealer. I don't have time for that garbage!

Re: Kenworth Truck

Shop guy
I think I did you of those years ago, in a dirt parking lot right side hot humid day. I swore I would never touch one again! No way to get the glass in the door. I was tempted to rip the whole door off the truck and bring into the shop, But I kept removing every dang nut, screw, bolt, I could find. After gutting the door I was able to just barely get the glass in then reassembled all the screws, nuts, bolts washers. PAIN IN TH KEESTER! or back side. I think when done I only had a couple screws left! GO FIGURE!

Gut the door and pry it open enough to stuff the glass in . Not pretty,,, BAD Design.

Good luck! Now I send them to a dealer. I don't have time for that garbage!

YUP - that worked!

Agree with your design theory.

Thanks for not letting me take the door off.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com