AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2011 Infinity QX 56 Windshield Replacment

Going to do a 2011 Infinity QX56 w/ Rain Sensor for the first time tomorrow. Is there anything that is tricky or something to look out for on this installation? Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Re: 2011 Infinity QX 56 Windshield Replacment

I suggest you have an upper molding for this one. I have a video on this model. Here's the link https://youtu.be/xB6MNy6KLr8

Hope this helps
Dan

Re: 2011 Infinity QX 56 Windshield Replacment

These are cake we do them all the time, Now I do it different than Dan I take the corner pieces off first on the older models they have the rubber stuck into the chrome, pop the metal chrome sides off first then tape the corner pieces to the roof so you don't smash them in the door like I did the 1st time. Having a molding is a good idea however if you take the corner pieces off and you have a decent bit of patience release the 1st clip then pull the moldings off by sliding it similar to how a experience tech might do a FW727 however there is TONS of these clips and they are big ole clips.

The rain sensor is a 1659 pad, also the retainer on the car some times tend to pull away from the car on the drivers side for some reason.

I bet this year we have done 40 of these stupid things, and anyone who questions can I get the molding off without destroying it I would be happy to show you a picture of the extra molding that I have in my van that I took off one with not issue.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com