AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"Insurance" pricing

Before I started my company, I had some damage from a tree falling into my house. The plumber came, charged a flat fee for crossing over the threshold, and then charged union hourly rate for the time he spent. On the parts, he took his cost and added a reasonable retail markup. When the electrician came, he did the same thing. So did the roofer and the carpenter. Their union hourly rates were not cheap!!!

I submitted the bills to my insurance and was paid in full minus my deductible.

I week later, I had work done on my car at the dealer. Their union hourly rate was hardly cheap either. But I paid it.

When I started my shop, I decided that some publisher of part numbers was not going to influence my selling prices. I take my cost, add a retail markup, and charge for my labor like other tradesmen. I don't care if it is only between me and my customer, or if an insurance company is involved---- same price.

I don't understand you people who work for nothing with networks, TPA's, or whatever. To hell with your god NAGS and what your TPA's and insurance companies WANT to pay. Charge like other businesses, do quality work for your customer, and you will be fine.

Re: "Insurance" pricing

my own man
Before I started my company, I had some damage from a tree falling into my house. The plumber came, charged a flat fee for crossing over the threshold, and then charged union hourly rate for the time he spent. On the parts, he took his cost and added a reasonable retail markup. When the electrician came, he did the same thing. So did the roofer and the carpenter. Their union hourly rates were not cheap!!!

I submitted the bills to my insurance and was paid in full minus my deductible.

I week later, I had work done on my car at the dealer. Their union hourly rate was hardly cheap either. But I paid it.

When I started my shop, I decided that some publisher of part numbers was not going to influence my selling prices. I take my cost, add a retail markup, and charge for my labor like other tradesmen. I don't care if it is only between me and my customer, or if an insurance company is involved---- same price.

I don't understand you people who work for nothing with networks, TPA's, or whatever. To hell with your god NAGS and what your TPA's and insurance companies WANT to pay. Charge like other businesses, do quality work for your customer, and you will be fine.

How dare you, using your head for something besides a hat rack! Be careful thinking for yourself and not following the herd might get you burned at the stake. Especially when you make not only good common sense statements but good business sense statements like above.

The lack of comments on this post is telling. I think this guy has the right idea and everybody is afraid to admit it or even acknowledge it.

My own man has got me to thinking. Not many of us, including me, do what he is doing and I'm wondering if it's because we can't or just won't.

He lack of comments is because this business model has been discussed at length many times on this forum. It's by no means a new or novel idea, rather it's what many of us have been doing for decades. And it works. Sadly there aren't enough shops taking this stand. It would be a game changer if everyone understood the repercussions, but too many are willing to have someone dictate to them what to charge, and like sheep going to slaughter they follow as their business dies.

yup smiley, we have been posting the way and the path to profit for what, like 10 years and more? And we still see Idiot wanna-be shop owners, that are mostly mobile hack guys that are willing to degrade this industry to ZERO profit margins because they can get beer money!If the average shop owner, which is an oxymoron, would realize what ins co's are willing to pay it would be a SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK! Then we have TPA's WHO MARK-UP OUR INVOICES and Make MUCHO BUCKS off of the shops work. WOW. If the fools knew what most Companies are or would be willing to pay for quality work well, they would be AMAZED!

Network pricing is WAY low from what Ins Co's are paying. You just need to learn how to direct bill and Throw the networks under the bus! If you are a REAL SHOP stop the madness and get on Board to direct billing. It might just keep you in business! For those who do not understand I am sorry for your sorry azzzzzzzzz you are losssssssssing.

YUP anyone discounting from the current NAGS Benckmark IS THE PROBLEM! STOP IT. After the last re-balance of NAGS it was NOT intended to discount from IT was supposed to be A PLUS or added to. Can you stupid CRAP people figure this out?

If you do not understand this procedure i Can explain it to you And it is real simple.

So every one of you who are discounting from nags you ARE THE PROBLEM YOU ARE KILLING THE INDUSTRY. STOP YOUR DISCOUNTING OR GET OUT OF THIS BUSINESS. YOU ARE A SCUM SUCKER PIECE OF GARBAGE AND YOU ARE KILLING NOT ONLY GOOD SHOPS BUT YOURSELF AND YOU are to stupid to even realize it.

Yup, you clearly allow the NAGS Benchmark to influence the running of your business not discounted as opposed to discounted. WHY?? I don't wait with baited breath to see how a printer of part numbers is going to next dictate my profitability. Chuck it!! Don't allow it!! I don't give a **** what Nags INTENDS with their prices!!! That's my point.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com