AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FW 2222 LS430 rain sensor going crazy

Did 25 of these never an issue. 01 Lexus Ls430 . FYG never unplugged the sensor. No air bubbles in the gel. Switch on Automatic. Wipers go about every 4 seconds . tried adjusting the sensitivity on the dial. Replaced gel. Same thing. Wipers wont turn off on Auto setting. Anyway Customer wants to replace the windshield or she want to take to Lexus dealer. Is there a chance the sensor is going bad ??? It is 14 years old. Found some info on web without a real solid solution . The dealer list price is $1600

Re: FW 2222 LS430 rain sensor going crazy

Done a few of these and i've had issues with the sensor not working after the fact. We explained to the customer the vehicle is older, and it really could be the device. My advice, if your customer is that picky and a pain, I would just give them their money back and they can take it to the dealer so they can deal with it. Buying a 1600 w/s from the dealer and thats not a for sure fix. Too much risk...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com